Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
221 views
Hi,

I'm very new to telerik 
on a demo there a home/back circle button (metru UI style) left top corner 
where that is coming from
is it possible to add that button on winforms ??
or its just normal button with an image ??

actually i'm also looking for all metro style component for winforms
such tile menu
am i on the right line ??

thank you

Bryan
win7
vbnet2010
vbnet (just migratd)
telerik q3 2013 devcraft
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2014
3 answers
265 views
Hi,

Is it possible to add extra buttons next to the Arrow-dropdown button?
I want to add two buttons with their own events etc.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2014
1 answer
77 views
Hello,

I have used a Telerik gridview in my winform. I have enabled paging & filter for the grid by default. After successful data binding with grid, when I apply filter to any column i.e select any specific option or specify specific condition than I get an un-handled exception. Please review the below steps for bug reproduction.

1-Page-1.png
2-Page-2.png
3-Page-2-(Select-filter).png
4-Page-2-error.png

Please help to figure out this problem.

Thanking you.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 09 Jun 2014
2 answers
226 views
I am trying to programmatically populate a multicolumn combobox after user selected another customer from the previous combo box
this is the sample of the code.
01.private void RadMultiColumnComboBox3SelectedIndexChanged(object sender, EventArgs e)
02.       {
03.           string a;
04.           a = string.Format("{0}", radMultiColumnComboBox3.EditorControl.Rows[radMultiColumnComboBox3.SelectedIndex].Cells["customerID"].Value);
05.           Int32 b;
06.           Int32.TryParse(a, out b);
07.           radMultiColumnComboBox4.Enabled = true;
08.           OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=|DataDirectory|/RoadRunnerDB.mdb");
09.           string cmdStr = string.Format("Select * FROM addressList WHERE customerID = {0}", b);
10. 
11.           try
12.           {
13.               conn.Open();
14.               OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand(cmdStr, conn);
15.               OleDbDataReader reader = cmd.ExecuteReader();
16.               //fill the grid!??
17.           }
18.           catch (Exception ex)
19.           {
20.               MessageBox.Show(ex.Message);
21.           }
22.       }


Gaston
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 08 Jun 2014
4 answers
588 views
Hi again,

I have successfully implemented a radar area line chart as per attached image. I have the following questions:

(a) How I can programmatically change the thickness of the displayed line?

(b) How I can change the colour of each category line depending on the value, e.g. value =100 will be red, value =10 will be blue and so on.

Regards,


George
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2014
1 answer
155 views
Hello admin,

Could you show me how to multi-select nodes in RadGanttViewElement?

Thanks
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2014
5 answers
246 views
Hi there, 

I'm trying the RichTextBox and something doesn't seem right. In the properties window if I add a value for the Text property and run the app it doesn't show. 
Same if I dynamically add a RichTextBox at runtime and try and apply a value to the text property... nothing shows up. 

Questions:
1. Why doesn't the text property work? 
2. Does winforms come with the equivalent of Asp.net for Ajax RadEditor and is RichTextBox it? 

Regards,
Jacques
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2014
3 answers
305 views
On adding new row in RadGridView, I am assigning DefaultValues in DefaultValuesNeeded event. When I start typing in the new row, the default values appear but the moment I hit enter on the row ( so that it is added to the current grid ) , all the default values just disappear.
I have created columns dynamically.

Please tell me what is the issue or am I missing anything ?

Below is my code.

grid code:

private void BindGrid()
        {
 
            this.ExportSettingGridView.AllowAddNewRow = false;
            this.ExportSettingGridView.AutoGenerateColumns = false;
            this.ExportSettingGridView.AutoSizeColumnsMode = GridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.Fill;
 
            this.ExportSettingGridView.ShowGroupPanel = false;
            this.ExportSettingGridView.MasterTemplate.EnableGrouping = false;
            this.ExportSettingGridView.EnableHotTracking = true;
 
            //Settings Name column
            GridViewTextBoxColumn nameCol = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
            nameCol.FieldName = "Name";
            nameCol.Name = "Name";
            nameCol.HeaderText = "Export Setting";
            this.ExportSettingGridView.Columns.Add(nameCol);
 
            //Settings Na Option Combo Box
            GridViewComboBoxColumn naDataOptionCol = new GridViewComboBoxColumn();
            naDataOptionCol.FieldName = "NaData.NaDataOption";
            naDataOptionCol.Name = "NaData.NaDataOption";
            naDataOptionCol.HeaderText = "NA Data Option";
            naDataOptionCol.DataSource = Enum.GetValues(typeof(NADataOption));
            naDataOptionCol.DataType = typeof(NADataOption);
            naDataOptionCol.DataSourceNullValue = NADataOption.BLANKROW;       
            this.ExportSettingGridView.Columns.Add(naDataOptionCol);
 
            //Setting NA Option Custom Text field Columns
            GridViewTextBoxColumn naDataOptionCustomCol = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
            naDataOptionCustomCol.FieldName = "NaData.Custom";
            naDataOptionCustomCol.Name = "NaData.Custom";
            naDataOptionCustomCol.HeaderText = "NA Data Option Custom";
            this.ExportSettingGridView.Columns.Add(naDataOptionCustomCol);
 
            //Setting IncludePartialLastPeriod
            GridViewComboBoxColumn includePartialLastPeriodCol = new GridViewComboBoxColumn();
            includePartialLastPeriodCol.FieldName = "IncludePartialLastPeriod";
            includePartialLastPeriodCol.HeaderText = "Include Partial Last Period";
            includePartialLastPeriodCol.Name = "IncludePartialLastPeriod";
            includePartialLastPeriodCol.DataSource = new String[] { "True", "False" };
            includePartialLastPeriodCol.DataType = typeof(bool);
            this.ExportSettingGridView.Columns.Add(includePartialLastPeriodCol);
 
            //Setting Sorting Column
            GridViewComboBoxColumn sortingCol = new GridViewComboBoxColumn();
            sortingCol.FieldName = "Sorting";
            sortingCol.HeaderText = "Sorting";
            sortingCol.Name = "Sorting";
            sortingCol.DataSource = new String[] { "ASC", "DESC" };
            this.ExportSettingGridView.Columns.Add(sortingCol);
 
            //Setting Data Load Position
            GridViewComboBoxColumn dataPostionOptionsCol = new GridViewComboBoxColumn();
            dataPostionOptionsCol.FieldName = "DataLoadPosition.CursorLocation";
            dataPostionOptionsCol.Name = "DataLoadPosition.CursorLocation";
            dataPostionOptionsCol.HeaderText = "Cursor Location";
            dataPostionOptionsCol.DataSource = new String[] { "True", "False" };
            dataPostionOptionsCol.DataType = typeof(bool);
            dataPostionOptionsCol.DropDownStyle = Telerik.WinControls.RadDropDownStyle.DropDownList;
            this.ExportSettingGridView.Columns.Add(dataPostionOptionsCol);
 
            //Setting Data Load Cell location
            GridViewTextBoxColumn cellCol = new GridViewTextBoxColumn();
            cellCol.FieldName = "DataLoadPosition.Cell";
            cellCol.Name = "DataLoadPosition.Cell";
            cellCol.HeaderText = "Cell Location";
            this.ExportSettingGridView.Columns.Add(cellCol);
 
            this.ExportSettingGridView.BestFitColumns();
        }
          private void newButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
          {
            this.ExportSettingGridView.AllowAddNewRow = !this.ExportSettingGridView.AllowAddNewRow;
          }

        private void ExportSettingGridView_DefaultValuesNeeded(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.Row != null && e.Row is GridViewNewRowInfo)
            {
                e.Row.Cells["NaData.NaDataOption"].Value = currentProfile.NaData.NaDataOption;
                e.Row.Cells["NaData.Custom"].Value = currentProfile.NaData.Custom;
                e.Row.Cells["DataLoadPosition.CursorLocation"].Value = currentProfile.DataLoadPosition.CursorLocation;
                e.Row.Cells["DataLoadPosition.Cell"].Value = currentProfile.DataLoadPosition.Cell;
            }
        }


George
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2014
3 answers
440 views
hello everyone..
am using telerik radGridView for windows forms. I need to have atleast of 3 levels of hierarchy in my grid. And, it is essential for me to follow "Load-on-Demand" method to bind the inner grids.
Currently am doing this:


   private void Form2_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            this.radGridView1.MasterTemplate.AutoSizeColumnsMode = GridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.Fill;




            //First Child Template Begins


            GridViewTemplate firstLevelTemplate = new GridViewTemplate();
            firstLevelTemplate.Columns.Add("Name", "Name", "Name");
            firstLevelTemplate.Columns.Add("Owner", "Owner", "Owner");
            firstLevelTemplate.Columns.Add("Parent", "Parent", "Parent");


            //First Child Template Ends


            this.radGridView1.Templates.Add(firstLevelTemplate);
            this.radGridView1.Templates[0].HierarchyDataProvider = new GridViewEventDataProvider(firstLevelTemplate);
            this.radGridView1.RowSourceNeeded += new GridViewRowSourceNeededEventHandler(radGridView1_RowSourceNeeded);
        }




        void radGridView1_RowSourceNeeded(object sender, GridViewRowSourceNeededEventArgs e)
        {
            string serverInstance = e.ParentRow.Cells[0].Value.ToString();
            ServerConnection conn = new ServerConnection();
            conn.ServerInstance = serverInstance;
            Server srv = new Server(conn);
       
            DatabaseCollection DBs = srv.Databases;
            foreach (Database db in DBs)
            {
                GridViewRowInfo row = e.Template.Rows.NewRow();
                row.Cells[0].Value = db.Name;
                row.Cells[1].Value = db.Owner;
                row.Cells[2].Value = db.Parent.Name;


                e.SourceCollection.Add(row);
            }

        }


It  beautifully adds the two levels! I want a third level now. How to do that?? I tried adding GridViewTemplate to e.Template.Templates, but no luck..please help me..
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Jun 2014
2 answers
499 views
Hi there, 

I'm new to telerik controls, I want to drag and drop at text on the richtexbox. Can someone help me?

thinks.
Justin
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Jun 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?