Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
1.2K+ views
Hi,

i have Winforms application and GridView, i notice that i can group column and i try to remove this message (see my attach file) using this command:

radGridView1.AllowDragToGroup = false;

but all this doing is to remove the message but all the empty line is still remained, any idea how to completely remove this ?

Thanks

miki
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 30 Dec 2014
1 answer
187 views
hi, i'm new with telerik and i need some help
i have some error when i try to build my application
the error is...

--Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.ComponentModel.CancelEventHandler' to 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewSelectionCancelEventHandler'

this is some of my code

             this.cxGrid2.TabIndex = 0;
            this.cxGrid2.Text = "radGridView1";
            this.cxGrid2.SelectionChanging += new System.ComponentModel.CancelEventHandler(this.cxGrid2_SelectionChanging);
            this.cxGrid2.RowsChanging += new Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewCollectionChangingEventHandler(this.cxGrid2_RowsChanging);


 private void cxGrid2_SelectionChanging(object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
        {
            
            SetEdit(false);
        }

can someone help me how to fix this error?



Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Dec 2014
2 answers
218 views
Has anyone tried including symbol library like fontawesome or glyphicons so it can be used in place of images? Any thoughts or ideas on how to achieve that?

Thanks!

Michael

Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 29 Dec 2014
2 answers
542 views
Is it possible to remove the tabs from RadPageView?

I want to recreate the functionality of a Tabless Tab Control with the telerik controls, and I cannot figure out how to accomplish this. Is RadPageView the appropriate control to use?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Dec 2014
2 answers
193 views
I am working with the Rad gridview with Two Child Templates.I want to the Row Formatting  for my ViewTemplates, So I used this Code ,

Private Sub RadGrid_RowFormatting1(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.RowFormattingEventArgs) Handles RadGrid.RowFormatting

        If e.RowElement.ViewTemplate.Parent IsNot Nothing Then
            e.RowElement.ForeColor = Color.Blue
            e.RowElement.BackColor = Color.SkyBlue
        End If

Yes..its working ..Is there any way to give alternative colour to the second child template..I want to differentiate the colour between second template to first template.
Shan
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 26 Dec 2014
1 answer
110 views
Hi,

I am using Themes for my application.  I would like to color the the Add New Row Back Color style.  I am wondering what the best way to do this is.

I have all "Default" styles selectable from a drop down in the main screen.

Is it best to use the App Style Builder for this?  I don't have much experience using it and just wondering the effort needed - ie:

How does the application pick up the modified default themes?  Do I export/save to a file?

If I did this in code, I guess if I styled it blue and the theme was the Telerik Metro with the green feel then this would look out of place.

Thanks for any tips and info

Andez
​
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Dec 2014
2 answers
380 views
Hi,

I am populating the treeview's nodes on a Task in the background.  As part of this, I want to prevent the user performing any actions on the treeview, such as clicking nodes etc.  Therefore I want to disable any mouse and keyboard input/interactions.

SuspendUpdate is no good as I still want to be able to resize a form and the control to resize too.  Also setting Enabled to false will not suffice as this greys out the control.

Thanks

Andez
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 25 Dec 2014
6 answers
144 views
 Hi
My problem GridView CommandButton feature is working but filter click buttons to disappear

Thx.

private void gvw_AcilanDersler_CellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
           if (e.CellElement.ColumnInfo is GridViewCommandColumn)
              {
                  if (e.CellElement.RowInfo.Cells["AcilanDersNotDurumKod"].Value != null)
                  {
                      RadButtonElement button = (RadButtonElement)e.CellElement.Children[0];
                      string title = e.CellElement.RowInfo.Cells["AcilanDersNotDurumKod"].Value.ToString();
                      if (title == "SON")
                      {
                          button.Enabled = true;
                          ((GridCommandCellElement)e.CellElement).CommandButton.Text = Strings.NotGirisineIzinVer;
                      }
                      else if (title == "IZI")
                      {
                          button.Enabled = true;
                          ((GridCommandCellElement)e.CellElement).CommandButton.Text = Strings.NotGirisiIzniniGeriAl;
                      }

                      else
                      {
                       
                          button.Visibility = ElementVisibility.Hidden;
                      }
                  }
              }
           
        }
Ali
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Dec 2014
2 answers
184 views
All –

I’m using PageView with the PageViewPage AutoScroll set to “true”. I also have the PageView dock set to “Fill”. So when the form maximums so should the entire PageView.

However, when the PageViewPage as a scroll-bar and you scroll all the way down before maximizing
the form the scroll-bar still appears on the form at its original position. The expected result is to disappear as the content below is now visible.

Please see screenshot attached.

Can someone please help me resolve this?

Thank You
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Dec 2014
1 answer
219 views
I use a GridViewDecimalColumn where the value can be a double?. If the initial value is null, the cell is empty. When the user then enters a value, it is set. However, after this, if the user tries to get back to an empty cell, he tries to clear the value in the editor, but in this case, the value is always set back to 0. How to change this behaviour ?

Thanks,

Amand.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Dec 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?