Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
4 answers
685 views
And probably with RadListBox also.

The problem is as follows: I have a RadComboBox, with DataSource, DisplayMember and ValueMember defined. It get's populated just fine:
cmbNewTipoUtente.ValueMember = "ID_TipoUtente";  
cmbNewTipoUtente.DisplayMember = "Designacao";  
cmbNewTipoUtente.DataSource = dt; //<- DataTable 

The same RadComboBox has a DataBinding on SelectedValue to a property on a POCO object. Something like this:
cmbNewTipoUtente.DataBindings.Add("SelectedValue", mNewTipoUtente, "ID_TipoUtente", true, DataSourceUpdateMode.OnPropertyChanged, null); 

Also have the SelectedIndexChanged event subscribed where I check for some conditions. In the event, I'm checking the value on the ID_TipoUtente property so I can pass it to a method on my business layer. This is where the problem lays (and I think it is a bug), whenever I selecte an item on the RadComboBox, the value of my property do not get updated.

I tryed to open a Bug Report, but it seems there's also a bug on My Account section of the site, since there is only one product available to me, where should be almost all of them. lol

This is a big issue since many of my features are broken because of this and can cause me some pain with my clients.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2016
1 answer
241 views

VisualStudio10/c++cli/Telerik_UI_For_WinForms_2016_1_216_Dev.msi

Created a gridview with visible filters row.

When clicking on some filter the selection goes out from row. How could I make the selection stay on 'current row' ?

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2016
9 answers
1.3K+ views

The following code doesn't work:

1.string newDate = "...";
2.grid.CurrentRow.Cells["StartDate"].Value = newDate;

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2016
6 answers
628 views

Hi Team,

In the Telerik article for Custom Nodes in Treeview, the root node and the child nodes contain the same controls i.e image,label,line,button.

Please provide code for displaying different controls in the root node and child nodes. Eg: image,label,line,button in Root Node,  TextBox in child node in level1 and checkbox in child node in level 2

 

Thanks,

Swarupa

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2016
17 answers
993 views

Hi.

I'd like to bind the DataTable (contains a single DataRow) to radPropertyGrid: each row in radPropertyGrid should represent sequental value from DataRow. As I've understood it is quite possible. But I also want to add IsReadOnly and Category attributes to each property created this way. I have arrays of appropriate length where there each value should be applied to same index's attributes of (DataRow value as Property) in radPropertyGrid.

Moreover I have plans to get changes from this radPropertyGrid to create an update statement for my database.

I'm afraid I'm not quite skilled to complete these tasks without some help as I have some problems with understanding TypeDescriptors, TypeProviders etc.

Could you please give me any tips?

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Aug 2016
5 answers
980 views

hi

how color change ?:

Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2016
1 answer
451 views

I want to hide the close button on the DocumentContainer from RadDock as shown in the following image. I have no found any property for that.

Help me, plz!

Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2016
1 answer
232 views

Hi,

I'm trying to get one column sorted in DetailsView with a custom comparer. The other columns are fine with the default comparer.

How can I attach my custom comparer to the correct column?

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2016
1 answer
245 views

I'm using raddropdownlist in openedge/progress developer studio. I'm able to bind and display data using this component.

I like to use the findstring method to find the selected value member (not the display member). I'm not able to find any documentation in regards to this function using openedge/progress.

I also was not able to find proper documentation using telerik components in openedge/progress. On the internet I was able to find many properties of this component which are NOT available in openedge/progress developer studio. Any ideas please where I should go to find my answers (I'm a progress developer)?

 

Thanks

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2016
3 answers
132 views
I have the following class and not sure how to return the checked state when data binding to Treeview control is being done. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

 

Leonard

 

public class districts : INotifyPropertyChanged 
 {
       public event PropertyChangedEventHandler PropertyChanged;   
       #region Public Constructors     
       /// <summary>
       /// Treeview class data definition
       /// </summary>
       /// <param name="districtId"></param>
       /// <param name="parentDistrictId"></param>
       /// <param name="description"></param>
       /// <param name="childrenDistricts"></param>
       public districts(string districtId, string parentDistrictId, string description, List<districts> childrenDistricts)
 {
  this.DistrictId = districtId;
  this.ParentDistrictId = parentDistrictId;
  this.Description = description;
  this.ChildrenDistricts = childrenDistricts;
 }
 #endregion Public Constructors
 
 #region Public Properties
 
 public List<districts> ChildrenDistricts { get; set; }
 public string Description { get; set; }
 public string DistrictId { get; set; }
 public string ParentDistrictId { get; set; }
 public bool Checked { get; set; }      
 #endregion Public Properties   
}

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Aug 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?