Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
14 answers
1.0K+ views
I can see that whenever a new item is created in the property grid it gets added to the Item collection of the property grid. My question is that is there anyway i can manually add remove item from the Items list. The reason for this is because i want to be able to remove non top level items in the list. For example, i might have an expandable object which i want to remove a single component from the expandable part and have the property grid update properly. Right now there is no way to do that because the Items collection of the property grid is ReadOnly.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Dec 2016
4 answers
542 views
Hi ,
     I am using multicolumn combox and also enabled filtering in combox. if i search item in combobox , its populating correct result and if i double click on any one of the item, selected item is not showing in the combox. please give solution to show the selected item not different item by double click in editor control.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Dec 2016
9 answers
1.2K+ views

Hello all,

I want to generate hierarchy grid view with multiple levels like the picture http://screencast.com/t/L0snTsuj

Currently i use AutoGenerateHierarchy and create recursive data, i generated three levels like the picture http://screencast.com/t/ZtxNcwMqPaz

However i could not found any solutions for latest children template (different columns and data, grouping by columns, and only generate when parent expanded)

Please help me!!!

Thanks
Regards

Martin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
 answered on 05 Dec 2016
1 answer
218 views

 Is it possible to drag and drop an excel csv or worksheet into a gridview? 

 

Thanks
Mark

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Dec 2016
9 answers
750 views

 

I currently have a save button click event that calls a procedure named ValidateData.   The ValidateData procedure iterates through rows in the grid and sets the color or the row to red if the data therin is invalid.   The problem I have is that after upgrading to RadControls 2011 Q1 the VisualElement property is no longer available.  I have been searching through these forums for a couple of hours and haven't run across a viable way of dealing with this.    Is there an easy way to accomplish this?  I don't believe the RowFormatting Event applies in my case.

Much appreciated
Kevin



Private
Function ValidateData() As Boolean

 

 

Dim entBundleComponent As BundleComponent

 

 

 

Dim isValid As Boolean = True

 

 

Dim isValidRow As Boolean = True

 

 

Dim gvRow As UI.GridViewRowInfo

 

 

 

For Each gvRow In gvComponents.Rows

 

 

isValidRow =

True

 

entBundleComponent =

CType(gvRow.DataBoundItem, BundleComponent)

 

 

 

If entBundleComponent.COMPONENT_NAME.Trim().Length = 0 Then

 

isValid =

False

 

isValidRow =

False

 

 

End If

 

 

If entBundleComponent.COMPONENT_DESCRIPTION.Trim().Length = 0 Then

 

isValid =

False

 

isValidRow =

False

 

 

End If

 

 

If isValidRow Then

 

gvRow.VisualElement.BackColor = Color.Transparent

gvRow.VisualElement.DrawFill =

True

 

 

Else

 

gvRow.VisualElement.BackColor = Color.Red

gvRow.VisualElement.DrawFill =

True

 

 

End If

 

 

Next

 

 

If isValid Then

 

txtMessages.Text =

"Ok"

 

txtMessages.ForeColor = Color.Black

 

Else

 

txtMessages.ForeColor = Color.Red

txtMessages.Text =

"Please correct errors before saving."

 

 

End If

 

 

Return isValid

 

 

 

End Function

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Dec 2016
1 answer
126 views
I have created a winforms with components and I want to localize it (using the .resx files
I set the forms property localizable to true and the default language to "french"
When I want to add a componenet (a radbutton for exemple) I have an error message that tells me "Impossible to add a componenet in localizable mode - set the language to default"
How can I convert my form to be localizable (I need the application to support English and french)
Thanks
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2016
2 answers
183 views

I have a string that contains the name of a person associated with a location.  I am using the request code provided by Telerik:

                Telerik.WinControls.UI.Map.Bing.SearchRequest request = new SearchRequest();
                request.Query = latlong;
                request.SearchOptions.QueryParse = true;
                request.UserData = //  <- Here is where I think it would work, but I don't know how to get this accessible by the Bing! search.                bingProvider.SearchAsync(request)

I am using the BingProvider_SearchCompleted code provided by Telerik, however, I do not see how to pass a string using the request that can then be used as the pin.ToolTipText. 

 

            Telerik.WinControls.UI.Map.RectangleG allPoints = new Telerik.WinControls.UI.Map.RectangleG(double.MinValue, double.MaxValue, double.MaxValue, double.MinValue);
            foreach (Telerik.WinControls.UI.Map.Bing.Location location in e.Locations)
            {
                Telerik.WinControls.UI.Map.PointG point = new Telerik.WinControls.UI.Map.PointG(location.Point.Coordinates[0], location.Point.Coordinates[1]);
                MapPin pin = new MapPin(point);
                pin.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(20, 40);
                pin.BackColor = Color.Aquamarine;
                pin.ToolTipText = //  <-  Here is where I would like the name to show up.
                this.radMap1.MapElement.Layers["Primary"].Add(pin);
                allPoints.North = Math.Max(allPoints.North, point.Latitude);
                allPoints.South = Math.Min(allPoints.South, point.Latitude);
                allPoints.West = Math.Min(allPoints.West, point.Longitude);
                allPoints.East = Math.Max(allPoints.East, point.Longitude);
                currentClientLoc = currentClientLoc + 1;
            }
            if (e.Locations.Length > 0)
            {
                if (e.Locations.Length == 1)
                {
                    this.radMap1.BringIntoView(new Telerik.WinControls.UI.Map.PointG(e.Locations[0].Point.Coordinates[0], e.Locations[0].Point.Coordinates[1]));
                }
                else
                {
                    this.radMap1.MapElement.BringIntoView(allPoints);
                    this.radMap1.Zoom(this.radMap1.MapElement.ZoomLevel - 1);
                }
            }
            else
            {
                RadMessageBox.Show("No result found for the provided search query!");
            } 

Any help would be much appreciated.  And...  I a side note.  I get to the first person to post on this forum?  Yay!  :-)

 

-Scott

Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 02 Dec 2016
1 answer
930 views

I was new to telerik.
I want to hide columns in radgridview which column all cells are null values by programmatically.

thanks

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Dec 2016
2 answers
989 views

I am trying to save the results of mail merge as a PDF, but I am getting a compiler error.

cannot convert from RadDocument to RadFixedDocument

Is there a way around it? Here's my code

using (SaveFileDialog dialog = new SaveFileDialog())
{
    dialog.Filter = "PDF (*.pdf)|*.pdf";
    dialog.FilterIndex = 2;
    dialog.RestoreDirectory = true;
 
    if (dialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK)
    {
        var provider = new  PdfFormatProvider();
        radRichTextEditor1.Document.MailMergeDataSource.ItemsSource = LetterService.GetEmployersMailMergeSource();
        using (Stream output = File.Create(dialog.FileName))
        {
            //error here
            provider.Export(radRichTextEditor1.Document.MailMerge(), output);
        }
    }
}

 

Pavel
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 01 Dec 2016
8 answers
234 views

I want to give application admins to create new templates. Something like

Hello <LastName>, <FirstName>. You owe us <AmountOwed>. Please mail a check to <Address>. 

I spend some time research, and it appears that it's doable using RichTextEditor and MailMerge. However, I can't seem to find an ability for the user to actually create a template through a GUI. What am I missing?

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 01 Dec 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?