Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
122 views

Hello everyone,

I'm stuck with a small obstacle and I don't know how to get pass it.

I have 2 WinForms

Forms 1 has 3 Buttons. All of them call Form2. Now in Form 2 have to I have to perform task depending on which button was clicked on Form1. how do I find it out which button called the from2 when i'm in form2?

please help

thanks in advance.

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2017
3 answers
489 views

Hi,

We are using Telerik controls for Winforms version 2016.2.608.40 in our application.

We are planning to build our application to 64 bit. I want to know whether Telerik controls are 64 bit or 32 bit.

Also want to know does Telerik have any recommendation.

With regards,

Sachin

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2017
1 answer
242 views

This is a sample form in my application. It has multiple RadLayoutControls. Layouts are saved on the FormClosing event and loaded in the FormLoad event. 

See the 3 screenshots. In the initial load, the form is loaded with no layouts loaded.

I resize the form as in the second screenshot, IResizedToThis.png

 

I close/reopen the form. This time, the layout IS loaded, and the form appears as in the 3rd screenshot.

 

I have submitted a Telerik Support incident, but being New Years weekend I figured I'd go ahead and try all avenues.

I can't post a sample project here, but I do have one created that shows this issue. 

 

Help - Any ideas?

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2017
14 answers
329 views

Hello,

I try to use custom cells dynamically following data I want to display ( use checkbox when data is boolean). To do so I use CreateCellElement to instantiate my custom cell but it appears to this event is not fired on that specific column and the column have default display with "True" and "False" instead of check boxes. 

 

Here is a part of my code :

this._radVirtualGrid1.CreateCellElement += onGridCellTypeNeeded;
 
 
private void onGridCellTypeNeeded(object sender, VirtualGridCreateCellEventArgs e)
        {
            if (e.ColumnIndex >= 0 && e.RowIndex >= 0)
            {
                DataType type = myDataDescriptor.getDataType(e.ColumnIndex);
                switch (type )
                {
                    case DataType.Bool:
                        e.CellElement = new CheckBoxCellElement(e.ColumnIndex);
                        registerCustomColumnIfNeeded(e.ColumnIndex);                      
                        break;
                }
            }
        }

Do you know how to fix it ?

Regards,

Amand.

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2017
8 answers
1.0K+ views
Hi

I have a radlistview being populated manually in iconview mode. However when the list has more items then the display area it automatically creates new rows therefore the scrolling happens vertically.

I am sure there is a way to change it so items go in one row and the scrolling is horizontal but so far I have to failed to find it.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Jan 2017
3 answers
212 views
Is there a limit on the number of columns that can be displayed in a RadGridView at any given time?

Thanks!
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 30 Dec 2016
5 answers
231 views
Hi,

I have a gridview with two columns. 

            this.radGridDettagli.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(newGridViewTextBoxColumn("Name", "Name"));
            this.radGridDettagli.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(new GridViewTextBoxColumn("Value", "Value"));

The column "Value" could contains different object types. Decimals, String, Date, Enum, etc, ect.

I would like, to use different editors based on the cell value of my column "Name".

Example

Cell value of column "Name" is "ExpiryDate" I need RadDateTimePicker to edit the cell "Value" or the same row
Cell value of column "Name" is "Quantity" I need RadSpinEditor to edit the cell "Value" or the same row
Cell value of column "Name" is "OrderState" I need RadDropDownList to edit the cell "Value" or the same row

RadSpinEditor for numbers, RadDropDownList in case of Enum, RadDateTimePicker in case of Date, RadTextBox in case of string.

Somebody could help me ?

Thanks.

Sergio



Mark
Top achievements
Rank 2
Bronze
Bronze
Veteran
 answered on 29 Dec 2016
1 answer
126 views

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could help me set the rendering of text and graphics of my radchartview to antialiasing? I know there is a enum called TextQuality, but I am not sure how to access it.

 

Thank you,

 

Erkin

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Dec 2016
7 answers
263 views

I'm new to the Virtual Grid. I can't seem to figure out how to allow the user to reorder the columns. Because the columns are built based on the OnCellValueNeeded event, I assume the reordering will have to be done here. But how can I show the dragging of a column and detect where it was dropped?

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 29 Dec 2016
4 answers
307 views

Hello,

I am trying to implement a hide/show option on column. For now, I implemented a contextual menu option to do it and as a workaround I set column size to 0 to hide it but it leads to weird display (cf attached image (with 10 hidden columns)). Do you know a better workaround to avoid this display ?

 

Regards,

Amand

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 28 Dec 2016
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?