This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Why the RadControls_for_Silverlight_2009_1_0312_TRIAL_hotfix

7 Answers 122 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jaime
Top achievements
Rank 2
Jaime asked on 12 Mar 2009, 08:57 PM
HI,

Why is there a RadControls_for_Silverlight_2009_1_0312_TRIAL_hotfix?? What does it Fix?? assmblies are 2 hours newer than the release.

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Jamest
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 12 Mar 2009, 09:26 PM
Where did you see this? I can't seem to find it.
Jaime
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 01:40 AM
In the downloads page. Is one of the manual installations. The ZIP says HOTFIX, is a patch of the release?
Jamest
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 02:36 AM
Thank you for taking the time to point that out. I am hoping it resolves my issue with the rad docking not appearing in expression blend.
Jaime
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Mar 2009, 03:27 AM
the RadGridView isn't appearing to me in Blend, I get a manifest exception.
Hristo Deshev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Mar 2009, 08:56 AM
Hello guys,

The "hotfix" build contains the same assemblies as the other distributions. The "hotfix" distribution is a distribution meant to fix an issue with a previous version. It contains just the assemblies that you can drop in your project, update your references, and get going. It may not sound very appropriate for a v1.0 release if you don't consider the beta releases we had before that.

Jaime, can you post more details about your manifest exception, possibly a screenshot? The only way I can imagine that exception appearing is if you have a reference to an older version of Telerik.Windows.Controls, Telerik.Windows.Data, or Telerik.Windows.Controls.Input in your project. I'd like to reproduce the issue on my end and investigate it in detail, and step-by-step repro instructions will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Regards,
Hristo Deshev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Jaime
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Mar 2009, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I had posted the issue here: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/gridview/radgrid-manifest-error-on-blend.aspx

For the repro, just open a new Project, add the assemblies, add a RadGridView and, that's it.

I also tried it in two brand new machines with all freshly installed, and got the same error.

Help is reaaaallly appreciated,

Jaime
Jaime
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 16 Mar 2009, 02:22 PM
Hi,

I had posted the issue here: http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/silverlight/gridview/radgrid-manifest-error-on-blend.aspx

For the repro, just open a new Project, add the assemblies, add a RadGridView and, that's it.

I also tried it in two brand new machines with all freshly installed, and got the same error.

Help is reaaaallly appreciated,

Jaime
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jaime
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Jamest
Top achievements
Rank 2