This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

When is Test Studio 2012 Release

8 Answers 96 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
QA
Top achievements
Rank 1
QA asked on 04 Jan 2012, 02:15 AM
Hi,

When is Test Studio 2012 Release? What is the latest 2011 build that we should install?

Thank You,
Dipti

8 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jan 2012, 03:49 PM
Hello Dipti,

The R1 2012 version is scheduled for April. See our Roadmap for more details.

The latest internal build, version 2011.2.1303, is available for download here.

All the best,
Anthony
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
QA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Jan 2012, 04:58 PM
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your quick response.

~Dipti
QA
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 05:11 PM
Hi,

Is there a runtime available to be downloaded for this version 2011.2.1303?

Thank You,
Dipti
Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 05:23 PM
Hello Dipti,

Yes, our latest internal build (which is now version 2011.2.1305) is now available for Run-Time edition as well.

However I noticed in your account that you are only a licensed user for Test Studio, so you will not see the Run-Time edition to download in your Telerik.com account.

You'll need to coordinate with the purchaser, Ponce Kenton, to either download it for you or to add you as a licensed user for the Run-Time edition.

Greetings,
Anthony
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Shashi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 05:36 PM
Hi Anthony,

I am Dipti's colleague and I do have a license to the runtime under my name.  We want to upgrade to 1303 (rather than 1305) as we have tested it against our code. 

Is version 1305 of the runtime compatible with version 1303 code?  If not, could you send us (or make it available in my account) the version 1303 of the Runtime?

Also a more general question:  To what extent are newer versions of the Runtime backwards compatible with older versions of the code?

Thanks,
Shashi
Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 17 Jan 2012, 09:14 PM
Hello Shashi,

I sent a Dropbox invitation to the email address on file for you. Please let me know once you have downloaded version 1303 of the Run-Time edition.

All versions of Test Studio must be on matching versions to ensure proper functionality. We do not recommend upgrading one instance and not the others, even in cases of close version numbers.

Kind regards,
Anthony
the Telerik team

Shashi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Apr 2012, 11:24 PM
Hi Anthony,

We are planning to upgrade to the next version when it is released in a couple of weeks.  However, based on past experience (most recently the internal version referenced above), we have found that some tests that pass in the older version sometimes fail after the upgrade and have to be updated to get them to work with the new version. 

So we were wondering if there was a pre-release version of TestStudio 2012 R1 available that we could use to assess the changes that will be needed and perhaps get a jump on the updates.  This would help us minimize downtime during the upgrade to the official version. 

Also, if there is a list of changes in the upcoming version that we can take a look at, that would be very helpful as well.

We have a new sprint starting in a couple of days and we would like to schedule this work in that sprint if possible.  So your prompt response to this question would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shashi
Anthony
Telerik team
answered on 04 Apr 2012, 03:41 PM
Hello Shashi,

There's no pre-release available. Our developers are putting the finishing touches on R1 2012, but it still isn't fit for public consumption.

Once it's released in mid-April, the Release History page, along with the Release Notes link next to the new version on the Download List page, will be updated.

Regards,
Anthony
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
QA
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Anthony
Telerik team
QA
Top achievements