This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

WebUI Test Studio Manual Activation

14 Answers 217 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Zel Bodulovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Zel Bodulovic asked on 02 Jul 2010, 08:53 AM
Hi,

We have recently  purchased WebUI Test Studio Developer Edition and installed iton a machine which does not have internet connection. What happens is when I create a new test project, the WebUI TestStudio Activation Widard comes up (attached file). We tried to enter ourregistration code, and clicked 'Get Purchases' but  it shows 'No purchases' onall the options. Do we need to generate a manual activation code as specified onthis link?  If not how do we proceed with theactivation?

http://www.telerik.com/support/kb/web-ui-test-studio/installer/installing-webui-test-studio-or-test-execution-software-on-a-machine-without-an-internet-connection.aspx

Thanks

14 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 02 Jul 2010, 09:10 AM
Hi,

Since you install the software on a machine without internet connection please follow the guidance from the KB. The product will generate a manual activation code for you so that you can submit it in your account (from a machine with internet connection of course) to get the License.bin file. You can select the downloaded file from the activation wizard and complete the steps to get the software activated.

Kind regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Zel Bodulovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jul 2010, 12:09 AM
Hi,

Sorry we have already tried that KB Article you posted but when we started a new test project, it does not come up with the ArtofTest Activation wizard where you could generate a manual activation request. What opens is a WebUI Test Studio Activation wizard  (I've already attached a screen capture for this) - so we cannot proceed with the activation.  We previously have a trial version installed on the same machine, but I already uninstalled it before reinstalling this licensed version. Please advise on how to proceed.

Thanks. 
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2010, 08:32 AM
Hi,

As soon as you start a new project and add a new test you should get prompted whether to start a trial or activate WebUI Test Studio. For activation on a machine without internet connection you should get the disconnected activation screen where you can chose the manual activation option (please find the attached image for reference). Do you get to this state? You should put in the activation key available in your Telerik account at the downloads page and proceed as necessary.

Please let us know if this helps or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Zel Bodulovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Jul 2010, 09:18 AM
Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Unfortunately, I did not get to the disconnected activation screen you mentioned. Whenever I create a new test project it just shows the activation wizard that I previously mentioned.  Is there something that we should be doing during installation to enable this disconnected activation ?  We are using Visual Studio 2008 SP1  running on Windows XP.  Please help as we cannot proceed using WebUI Test.

Thanks.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2010, 09:32 AM
Hi,

This sounds so strange and I'm sorry you ran into this problem. Let me try to reproduce it on an XP with Visual Studio 2008 SP as you clarified.

In the meantime can you please check if any exception is logged locally? In the product installation folder please check whether the Logs directory is still empty or a text file is created. If a file exists please post the content here, thank you!

Greetings,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 05 Jul 2010, 09:48 AM
Hi,

Can you please try plugging this machine out of any local network as well? I discussed your issue with the colleagues here and we have the feeling the wizard may fail to detect the machine has no internet connection for some reason. Once done you should be able to get the screen I mentioned and proceed with manual activation.

Greetings,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Zel Bodulovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2010, 12:17 AM
Hi,

We did what you told us to disconnect the machine from the internal network and we were able to generate the activation request successfully. But when I entered the activation request in the Manual Activation screen, an error occured on your website during the activation and told me to reload the page.  Now WebUI Test Studio has been activated but I didn't receive any activation code.  I was using Google Chrome during when I did the manual activation. Should it send us an email with the activation code? Please help on how to proceed.

Thanks.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2010, 08:49 AM
Hello,

I can confirm according to the WebUI Test Studio license activation system you have an activated product. Does the software function as activated now? Can you try to create a test project and a test and see if it still asks you to activate?

Regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Zel Bodulovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jul 2010, 09:35 AM
Hello ,

When I create a new test project, it still shows the Activation Wizard where it asks for the Activation Key. Which code should I  input here? I tried to enter the Key that was provided to us in our downloads section and click on the Get Purchases button, but its still didn't show any activated option. Should the manual activation generate a licence file? Unfortunately I was not able to get to that because I received an error on the page. 

Thanks again.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 06 Jul 2010, 02:21 PM
Hello,

We modified your account in the system so that you can activate the product. Please try again and let us know whether everything is fine now.

Kind regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Zel Bodulovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 12:25 AM
Hi,

I tried to redo the manual activation, but again it shows error on page when I clicked the submit button (see attached file).  How do we proceed with this activation?

Thanks.
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 07:58 AM
Hello,

I'm sorry you hit this problem again. Can you please send us the manual activation request key via a private support ticket? We should also investigate the site error and make sure customers don't hit such issues.

Best wishes,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Zel Bodulovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 08:34 AM
Hi,

Thanks again  for your reply. I have already submitted a support ticket.

Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2010, 08:49 AM
Hi,

Thank you very much. I was also unable to pass through the procedure and have forwarded the problem to the responsible colleagues. We will get back to you using the ticket as soon as possible. I'm sorry for the temporary inconvenience!

Kind regards,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Zel Bodulovic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
Zel Bodulovic
Top achievements
Rank 1