This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2013Pro + Telrik WP8 Controls: Cannot open existing projects any more

5 Answers 29 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Stefan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stefan asked on 25 Oct 2013, 08:10 PM
Hi,

I was using VS 2013 Ultimate RC and working on some WP8 projects. Today I joined the Nokia Developer Program and installed my licence of your WP8 controls. After the installation I had a look at the sample project. Browsing the project in VS and running it in the emulator worked without any problem. But when I tried to open my existing projects VS did freeze.

Eventually I did a complete re-installation of my System (Windows 8.1 Pro) and of VS 2013 Pro (no RC any more). My projects worked without any Problem. Now I installed your WP8 controls and again I cannot open my projects any more.

Is this a known issue? Please advise.

As far as I can tell there is nothing special about my projects. I cannot explain why VS freezes. Any idea?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stefan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Oct 2013, 09:18 AM
I think I might have found a clue what could cause the problem:
My projects use SQLiteWinRT (http://sqlwinrt.codeplex.com/) to handle SQLite databases. Thus all projects include the SQLiteWinRTPhone project. When I try to open such a project VS freezes. When I try to open a project without SQLiteWinRTPhone there is no problem...

When I uninstall Telrik WP8 Control all projects be opend without any problem again. Any idea what is going on?
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 28 Oct 2013, 09:49 AM
Hello Stefan,

Thanks for writing.

We are currently not aware of similar issues and cannot exactly say what causes the behavior on your side.

Is it possible for you to send us the full source of your solution so that we can try to reproduce this issue on our side and see what causes it?

Regards,
Deyan
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Stefan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2013, 11:19 AM
Hi,

I have uploaded a demo on our server (use the domain from my e-mail addresse):

http://www.p******s.com/upload/TestApp.rar

It is just a new Windows Phone App project with the SQLiteWinRTPhone project added.
Stefan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Oct 2013, 08:59 AM
Any news? Have you been able to download the sample? Could you reproduce the problem?
Deyan
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2013, 02:42 PM
Hello Stefan,

I believe my colleagues from the corresponding team that works on the Visual Studio extensions have handled your case.

Fell free to reopen this thread if you have any additional questions.

Regards,
Deyan
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Stefan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stefan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Deyan
Telerik team