This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2013 Professional DataAccess Templates Missing

5 Answers 85 Views
Data Access Free Edition
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
Anthony asked on 08 Jul 2015, 05:05 AM

Hi Support

I have a fresh install of Visual Studio 2013 with Update 4 installed on Windows Server 2012. I have installed Data Access via both the Telerik control Panel and via the MSI and with both instances, Visual Studio does not appear to have the Data Access Templates (project) installed. The tools->options->Extensions and Updates->Load Per User ... is enabled.

I have a couple screen shots, but cant seem to upload them here..

Cheers

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 10 Jul 2015, 10:27 AM
Hi Anthony,

Thank you for contacting us and I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced.

Data Access Q2 2015 is the first version where the Visual Studio integration is deprecated. This is the reason for the absence of the code generation templates. More information on the deprecation is available in this blog post.

A recommendation of ours when it comes to starting new projects with Data Access is to generate a fluent model with the New Fluent Model wizard, available in Data Access Q1 2015, and to integrate the Data Access NuGet packages with the latest version.

Additionally, there is a dedicated user on our FTP server, which will help you download Data Access Q1 2015 in which the templates are available. Our recommendation is to use FileZilla for the download.

------------------------------------------
The FTP client transfer mode should be set to Active.
You can use Explicit FTP over TLS if you need to secure your connection.
URL: ftpeu.telerik.com or IP address: 82.103.64.22
Username: DataAccess2015Q1
Password: Jh[[$Z$jwGe
------------------------------------------
Please keep in mind that the user account will expire in 9 days and all the files in the client folder will be deleted.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need any additional assistance or information.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Mürsel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Aug 2015, 11:14 AM

Hi Doroteya,

i have the same issue, can you open your ftp server to download the items?

Thanks

Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 20 Aug 2015, 12:18 PM
Hi Mürsel,

Data Access Q1 2015 is available for download from your Telerik account here.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Check out the latest announcement about Telerik Data Access vNext as a powerful framework able to solve core development problems.
Mounika
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Feb 2016, 10:23 AM

Hi Support

I am unable to download data access from your telerik site I am using Visual studio 2013.When ever I am trying to download from my telerik account it is showing error.Please help me in solving this issue.

Thanks

Doroteya
Telerik team
answered on 24 Feb 2016, 01:08 PM
Hi Mounika,

You should be able to download Data Access Q1 2015 from here now.

Regards,
Doroteya
Telerik

Tags
Data Access Free Edition
Asked by
Anthony
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Doroteya
Telerik team
Mürsel
Top achievements
Rank 1