This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2012 Test Traits

3 Answers 86 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Robert Schoen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Robert Schoen asked on 30 Jan 2013, 06:26 PM
    Visual Studio 2012 has changed the way tests are managed.   It no longer has a Test List that can be configured.   Instead it has a test explorer.   The only way I can figure out how to organize tests in the Test Explorer is to assign traits to tests.   Can this be done with Test Studio Express?   I have searched the forums and documentation for "trait" but I was not able to find any results.   These traits can be important if you are running tests as steps and need to filter them out of the tests that you intend to run.

Thank you.
Robert R. Schoen

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Byron
Telerik team
answered on 04 Feb 2013, 05:38 PM
Hi Robert,

You may know that the recent Visual Studio Update 2 re-introduces test list functionality in Test Explorer. Traits can be added to coded unit tests by adding a string to the code. Both traits and the Test Explorer playlists require a Test Studio test to first appear in the Test Explorer. If a test does not appear once you open the project containing that test, you may need to restart Visual Studio 2012. Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

All the best,
Byron
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Robert Schoen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Feb 2013, 06:22 PM
When update 2 is released this will solve a huge problem.

As for the trait issue, yes adding traits to coded tests is fairly strait forward.   However I still do not see how to add traits to telerik recorded tests.   The only way I see to do it at the moment is to convert the test to code then add the trait.    It would be helpful if a trait could be added to a recorded test.
Byron
Telerik team
answered on 06 Feb 2013, 09:10 PM
Hello Robert,

There is an active feature request for this feature, which you can vote for in our Feedback Portal, increasing its priority in our development roadmap. Thanks for your input, which we rely upon to improve our product.

Greetings,
Byron
the Telerik team
Quickly become an expert in Test Studio, check out our new training sessions!
Test Studio Trainings
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Robert Schoen
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Byron
Telerik team
Robert Schoen
Top achievements