This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2010 Beta 2 Problems

11 Answers 214 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Troy Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Troy Morgan asked on 22 Oct 2009, 06:20 AM
I have a problem when trying to create a new project using the Telerik / Silverlight /RadControls VB.Net Silverlight App or just adding a control to an existing app.

Windows 7 64 Bit
VS2010 Beta 2
RadControls_for_Silverlight_2009_3_1019_TRIAL.msi

VS2008 is also installed

Problem 1 when  trying to create a new project using the Telerik / Silverlight /RadControls
Error:  this template attempted to load an untrusted component 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Silverlight Version 9.0.0.0.

I also have tried to add a telerik control to a regular Silverlight Application or a converted to Telerik app and it gives me:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Controls Version 2009.3.1019.1030  PublicKeyToken 5803cfa389c90ce7 or one of its dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified

Any help?

Thanks,

Troy

11 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Oct 2009, 09:29 AM
Hello Troy ,

Thank you for your feedback. We will fix the problem with our Visual Studio extensions for our next release.

In regard to the second issue, my best guess in that the "Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll" is not included in the project. Could you check if that assembly is included in your project?

Regards,
Milan
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Troy Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Oct 2009, 04:39 PM
Hi Milan,

I have included the Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll as a reference in both the silverlight app and the silverlight.web test container.  I also copied it to both the bin and debug directories with the same result.  Is there some place special I have to put it or do I have to register it somewhere?  I also have tried copying all the controls into the above directories as well as adding them as references with the same error message.

Thanks,

Troy
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 27 Oct 2009, 04:11 PM
Hi Troy Morgan,

Could you send us the whole project so that we can determine what the problem is?

Regards,
Milan
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
André Frélicot
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 28 Oct 2009, 08:13 PM
Hello,
I'm looking forward your next release because I'm having the exact same problem as Troy.
Troy Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 Nov 2009, 07:00 PM
Hi,

Its when I create a brand new project.  Did you want me to post the empty project?

Thanks,

Troy
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 04 Nov 2009, 10:06 AM
Hi Troy Morgan,

We will be releasing the official Q3 release this week. May I ask you to try the new release once it is public? If you are still experiencing problems do not hesitate to report them here.

Kind regards,
Milan
the Telerik team

Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 Nov 2009, 02:17 AM
I'm also getting an error trying to create a new project using the Telerik Silverlight Template using the new Q3 release (non-trial version). I'm using VS 2008 SP1 on WinXP SP3. See attached jpg for the error, but basically the same as reported earlier.

Update:

I resolved my issue by doing the following steps -
  • Uninstalled RadControls for Silverlight 2009 Q3
  • Uninstalled Silverlight 3 SDK Tools
  • Rebooted.
  • Reinstalled Silverlight 3 SDK Tools & verified I could create a standard Silverlight App in VS 2008.
  • Reinstalled RadControls for Silverlight 2009 Q3 & verified the templates were working.

It appears somewhere along the line my copy of the Silverlight 3 SDK became corrupted and therefore preventing the template from working properly,

Milan
Telerik team
answered on 05 Nov 2009, 07:06 AM
Hi Paul,

I am glad that everything works fine now. Thank you for sharing your experience on our forums.

All the best,
Milan
the Telerik team

Cris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Dec 2009, 07:37 PM
I just downloaded the trial for Q3 SP1 Silverlight and I have the same issue loading the out-of-the-box template. Is there any workaround/fix for this?
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Dec 2009, 09:29 AM
Hello Cris,

Did you tried the solution that Paul Groetzner posted below. Also are you sure you have all the necessary software like SL3 tools and also what version of Visual Studio are you using 2008 or 2010 ?

Greetings,
Boyan
the Telerik team

Cris
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Dec 2009, 09:54 AM
Right. I didn't have installed SL3 for some reason (was sure I had it but apparently I didn't). I uninstalled Telerik, restarted, installed SL3, tried to check that the normal SL project works, it did, installed telerik controls, I manage to create the Telerik SL 3 project but I don't have the actual controls in the toolbox anymore. I'll try to add them manually when I get back to it.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Troy Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
Troy Morgan
Top achievements
Rank 1