This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2008 with S_4_2010_1_0422 Release

4 Answers 81 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian Hiatt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian Hiatt asked on 23 Apr 2010, 04:12 PM
We run VS 2008 and won't be upgrading for a bit.  We purchased Rad Controls for Silverlight and we were given a link for "Silverlight_4_2010_1_0422".  Will this version work with VS 2008?  From what we have read, Silverlight 4 is not compatible with VS 2008.   The telerik website says the rad controls silverlight package is supported on VS 2008 with Silverlight 3 but we are wondering if it is only older versions (versions that feature silverlight 3).  If that is the case, how do we get the older version (it is not available in our older releases link oin the account page)?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Evan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Apr 2010, 06:41 PM
Hi Brian Hiatt,

I think you may have already discovered this based on your download history today, but we have two separate installers available for Silverlight 3 (VS2008) and Silverlight 4 (VS2010).  In order to get the Silverlight 3 compatible build, please use the link in the red box in the following image:

Otherwise, when downloaded you should notice that the file says "RadControls_for_Silverlight_3..." or "RadControls_for_Silverlight_4...".  In your case, you would want to ensure you are installing the RadControls for SL3 version.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Evan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Dan Dyer
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 03 May 2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for this post. It sure wasn't obvious to me when looking at the download page to click on the title to get the current Silverlight 3 update. It sent me off on a wild goose chase trying to figure out if I was going to have to upgrade to VS 2010, before finding this helpful information.
Michael
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2010, 04:54 PM
I downloaded the correct version for VS 2008 (Silverlight 3) but when trying to view demos get the error about not finding the RIA file. I have found a link to the RIA sevices on silverlight.net, but can only find the install for Silverlight 4 and VS 2010.

Do you know where I can locate RIA services install for Silverlight 3 and VS 2008?

Thanks -
Blaize
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 May 2010, 09:42 AM
Hey Michael,
I guess that's the link you're looking for:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=76bb3a07-3846-4564-b0c3-27972bcaabce&displaylang=en

Cheers,
Blaize

Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Brian Hiatt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Evan
Telerik team
Dan Dyer