This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS extension compability with VS2012?

5 Answers 76 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Ralf
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ralf asked on 04 Nov 2012, 10:42 AM
Hi,

I've moved to Windows 8, VS2012 and the WP8 SDK and installed both Telerik WP control suites (WP7 and WP8). This is working fine. But the VS extensions are missing and not available on nugget either.
Do you planning to port the extensions? If yes can you give a timeframe?

Thanks!

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 04 Nov 2012, 06:08 PM
Although I can install and use the controls for WP7 in Vs2012 under win8 I have the following issues:
-- Toolbox Tab(s) missing - both WP7 and WP8 controls.
Adding a Toolbox tab and adding items manually works - partially.
-- Some controls are missing (for an example RadBusyIndicator) in both editions - more controls are visible in WP8.

Browsing the for the DLLs just brings a "this component doesn't include controls" (or so) error message.

Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 05 Nov 2012, 09:28 AM
Hi All,

Ralf -- We are actively working on adding support for VS 2012 and Windows Phone 8 in our VSExtensions. Both should be ready by the end of the month. They will surely get included in the next service releases for our Windows Phone components, but those are yet to be scheduled.

If you want to get the VSExtensions as soon as they are ready you could keep an eye out for updates from the Visual Studio Gallery (Link).

ManniAT -- Our Windows Phone product installers do not support automatic Visual Studio toolbox registration at the moment, as our preferred method for that does not work for Windows Phone.

At the moment there is a single extra control, which is available for Windows Phone 8 and not available for Windows Phone 7. Could you elaborate on some steps we could use to identify the issue? You could also open a support ticket, so you get swifter reponses.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 05 Nov 2012, 09:37 AM
Simply create a new Tab in VS Toolbox.
Next add items - browse for the Telerik controls and select all you find.
Doing this you should notice that:
a.) Most DLLs argue that they contain no controls
b.) Some RadControls are missing (look for RadBusyIndicator)

Or another way to show the Problem - please tell me how to add RadBusyIndicator to the toolbox.

Manfred
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 08 Nov 2012, 09:52 AM
Hi Manfred,

I was able to reproduce the behavior you mentioned and will bring it to our Windows Phone product team's attention. Hopefully we can do something to make this work better.

Regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Nov 2012, 09:55 AM
Thank you Andrey - since I'm not the thread starter I can't mark it as solved - what it seems to be for me.
Manfred
Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Ralf
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
ManniAT
Top achievements
Rank 2
Andrey