This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2015 RTM extension fails to load

3 Answers 45 Views
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 21 Jul 2015, 11:27 PM

On installing the new VS 2015 RTM I now get a 'package did not load' errors (see attachment)

Your help would be appreciated.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2015, 01:49 PM
Hi Mark,

As replied in your support ticket:
"Thank you for contacting us and reporting the issue you have come across. I am happy to say that our development team found a solution. We plan to introduce it with the upcoming AppBuilder 2.11 release, next week. However, if you wish, you can apply the necessary changes on your side manually in order to fix the AppBuilder extension in Visual Studio 2015. Here are the steps, you will need to perform:
​1. Close any opened Visual Studio instances.
2. In File Explorer, locate the folder of the AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio 2015. Normally, the path should be something like: %localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0\Extensions\hoq0t24t.vb5\. The folder in yellow (hoq0t24t.vb5) is different each time and you will have to search for the one that contains the AppBuilder extension on your computer (search for Telerik.BlackDragon files).
3. Once in that folder, you have to delete the following file: Microsoft.Windows.Design.Host.dll
4. Open Visual Studio 2015 and see if AppBuilder will load as expected.

If the above doesn't help, please re-install the AppBuilder Extension for Visual Studio and go through the steps again."

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2015, 02:04 PM
Thanks very much for your help.

That fixed my problem

Many thanks
Mark
Kaloyan
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jul 2015, 10:45 AM
Hi Mark,

I am happy to hear this. Thank you for coming back to us with the results.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

Tags
AppBuilder extension for Visual Studio
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kaloyan
Telerik team
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1