This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2010 SP1: Toolbox corrupted

6 Answers 105 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Matt asked on 09 Mar 2011, 11:56 PM
Hello:

I have installed SP1 for Visual Studio 2010, and the Telerik Silverlight controls.  At first, I could not get the Telerik controls to load into the toolbox at all.I ran the Congurator, and the convert to telerik project wizard.  Now the controls show up, but the toolbox is completely unuseable. 

Behavior:
the drawing inside of the list is corrupted -- labels are garbled, and if I move my mouse over the toolbox, it just looks like redraws are not occurring -- the items just dissapear.

Is this a known issue wiht SP1?  Is there a workaround?

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2011, 07:43 AM
Hi Jeremy,

Have you tried resetting the toolbox? Usually that operation help in such situations.

Regards,
Milan
the Telerik team
Registration for Q1 2011 What’s New Webinar Week is now open. Mark your calendar for the week starting March 21st and book your seat for a walk through all the exciting stuff we ship with the new release!
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Mar 2011, 05:01 PM
I did get it fixed -- just resetting the toolbox didn't fix it (at the point that I tried resetting the toolbox, I had already uninstalled the Telerik controls, and the corruption was still present).  I had to go to users\<me>\appdata\local\microsoft\visual studio\10.0 and delete all the .tbd files.  Then I reinstalled the telerik controls.  That seems to have fixed it.
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jul 2011, 06:36 PM
Thank you! Thought I was going nuts
Sudip
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Aug 2011, 05:07 PM
Jeremy - Thanks for the tip. 

I deleted tbd and ran the Telerik Toolbox Configurator from the menu. It worked like a charm.
Richard
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Aug 2011, 05:15 PM
There must be some sort of bug, either Telerik or VS. I have to do this process a few times a month. And, resetting the toolbox does not work for me either.
Marcel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Feb 2013, 02:33 PM
I second Richard's and Sudip's experiences - I closed VS; then after deleteing the tdb files, I did not even have to run the Telerik Toolbox configurator. The issue was resolved.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
Matt
Top achievements
Rank 1