This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2010 build broken after installing JustMock

3 Answers 65 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
repairclinic
Top achievements
Rank 1
repairclinic asked on 05 May 2010, 10:09 PM
I realize JustMock is beta, but I thought I'd let you know of this issue.

I was testing out JustMock with Visual Studio 2010 RTM.  After installing JustMock, building my application received an error about ResXtoResources.exe has stopped working.  The build output shows resgen.exe errors out with error code -1073740940.

I've attached an image of the error message that pops up.

Bascially any project that has resource built by resgen.exe fail.

After uninstalling JustMock, my build worked once again.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ricky
Telerik team
answered on 06 May 2010, 04:03 PM
Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the issue , however there is an issue with VS 2010  and resgen can you please confirm the following link and let me know that the issue is not similar to what it says:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en/msbuild/thread/e5900710-9849-4d10-aa28-48b734d06bf2

Also, i created a project added a resgen generated resource , with Telerik.JustMock.dll added as a reference but things are working pretty fine so far. Do you have any specific steps that i can try, or will it be possible to provide  the copy of / similar to your resource which is causing the issue  so that i can try it in my dev box. 

With regards,
Mehfuz

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Philip Saltskog
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 28 May 2010, 02:29 PM
Hi there,

I got same problem in VS 2010 and with ResGen.exe

Take a VS 2008 project and upgrade it to VS 2010. Don't run it in fw4 just run it in fw3.5 and enable JustMock. You should get an error here.
I try MS workaround on this ,but nothing helps so I disable JustMock and now it's rolling :)

/Thanks
Ricky
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2010, 09:09 AM
HI Philip ,
Great, thanks for the steps, i will give it a try and update the thread for any updates :-).

Regards,
Mehfuz

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
repairclinic
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ricky
Telerik team
Philip Saltskog
Top achievements
Rank 2