This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2008 vs Blend

3 Answers 88 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Cuthahotha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Cuthahotha asked on 09 Sep 2008, 09:18 PM
Hello all.  First post here.  I'm really looking forward to getting the controls up and running.  From what I have seen so far, I will be able to get my product to market about 5 month earlier with all the features i need. 

However, I'm having a bit of an issue.  I've downloaded the latest beta release, unziped it.  And pulled references to my project.  So far so good. 

In Blend(June Preview) all the controls show up in the tool box.  But when I try to put a control on a user control in Blend I get a message:

Cannot create an instance of "RadSlider". 

If i do the same in VS 2008 everything works well, and I can run the project.  If I then open back up in Blend, I continue to get the same issue.

I'm 100% sure I'm doing something wrong.  Just 100% sure I don't know what.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Steve

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 11 Sep 2008, 04:11 PM
Hi Steve,

This is a known problem with the trial version of RadControls for Silverlight. Please, find attached the developer version of the assemblies, which will resolve it. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Greetings,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Jaime
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Jan 2009, 06:47 PM
December Controls arenĀ“t rendering in blend...
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jan 2009, 04:21 PM
Hello Jaime,

Could you please elaborate a bit on that problem? We are aware that Blend cannot edit the control templates of RadControls, but if you place controls on the designer surface, Blend will display them.

All the best,
Valeri Hristov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Cuthahotha
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Valeri Hristov
Telerik team
Jaime
Top achievements
Rank 2