This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2015 Shortcuts

7 Answers 76 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Lane
Top achievements
Rank 2
Lane asked on 13 Aug 2015, 05:00 PM
I am running Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise and Visual Studio 2013 Enterprise on a Window 10 machine. The JustCode shortcuts work in 2013 but not in 2015. 

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 18 Aug 2015, 03:13 PM
Hello,

Thank you for your feedback!

Maybe you've missed the news, but our Visual Studio 2015 version is a little bit different from the others. We are reworking JustCode to step on Roslyn. You can read more about it here - What’s Ahead for JustCode

As it doesn't bring much value to duplicate the Visual Studio features, we decided to embrace what Visual Studio is offering and concentrate on what it doesn't. Changing the underlying APIs broke some features and we are currently in the process of reworking them. We will appreciate if you tell us which features you miss most so we can prioritize accordingly.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience!

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mariusz
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Sep 2015, 12:39 PM

So what? Now we are no longer able to introduce variable or extract method with a shortcut? 'ctrl + r, m' gives me a message "key combination ctrl+r, ctrl+m is bound to JustCode_ExtractMethod which is currently unavailable" - same goes with JustCode_IntroduceVariable

Methods however are in fact available - its just shortcuts are broken

Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 24 Sep 2015, 10:30 AM
Hello,

I am really sorry for the inconvenience! We are aware of that problem and we will address it in the near future, so please, stay tuned.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Nuno
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 03 Mar 2016, 11:47 AM

Hello!

Any news on the shortcuts? For instance, SHIFT+ALT+U is not available for organize and add missing usings, which I used a lot, F2 for renaming, etc...

I understand the changes, but is it not possible to keep the shortcuts?

Nikolay Valchev
Telerik team
answered on 08 Mar 2016, 07:00 AM
Hello Nuno,

Excuse us for the caused inconvenience!
Could you tell us for which language you cannot use these two shortcuts? They have been available in C# for quite some time, the one thing that you might need to do is to apply the JustCode shortcut profile - JustCode | Options | Keyboard Shortcuts | select 'JustCode' from the drop down menu then 'Apply Profile' and 'SAVE'.

Best Regards,
Nikolay Valchev
Telerik
Nuno
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Mar 2016, 10:18 AM

Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for your reply. In fact I had to (re)apply the shortcut profile. I'm guessing last JustCode upgrade messed that up. Now I have it ok.

One other thing, on razor views, I have no shortcurts nor context menu for JustCode. Is this supposed to be like this?

Cheers!

Svetlozar
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2016, 04:40 PM
Hello,

We haven't implemented all razor features yet. I am sorry about that.

Regards,
Svetlozar
Telerik
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Lane
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Svetlozar
Telerik team
Mariusz
Top achievements
Rank 1