This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2010 keeps informing me of already installed Silverlight VSExtensions update

3 Answers 106 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ciprian Bortos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ciprian Bortos asked on 12 Nov 2010, 03:31 PM

When I open the Visual Studio 2010 Extension Manager, under the Updates section I see the Telerik Silverlight VSExtensions update. On the right side I see Current Version: 2010.9.929.0 and New Version: 2010.3.1109.0.

But I have already installed the new version.

If I click on the Update button, after Visual Studio downloads the new version (3.53 Mb) and after I accept the License Agreement, I get an error message saying: "The extension could not be installed because the following error occurred: Telerik Silverlight VSExtensions is already installed".

Do you know how fix this?

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 12 Nov 2010, 03:52 PM
Hi Ciprian,

It seems that the Extension Manager was not able to correctly compare the current version of the VSExtensions package on your side and the one on the VisualStudioGallery.

My suggestion is that you remove the local Telerik Silverlight VSExtensions and add the new ones through the VSGallery.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Dave
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Feb 2011, 11:42 PM
I too am having the same issue (although with ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions Package).  I added this using the VSGallery in the first place.  How do I "remove the local VSExtensions"?
Erjan Gavalji
Telerik team
answered on 18 Feb 2011, 09:58 AM
Hi Dave,

You could use the Tools menu in Visual Studio to launch the Extension Manager. The extension manager lists all the installed extensions and you could remove all the Telerik ones.

Just a clarification: each of the Telerik VSExtensions consists of several packages, e.g. the Telerik WebUI VSPackage consists of the Telerik.CommonPackage, Telerik.UserSettingsPackage and Telerik WebUIVSPackage.

Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards,
Erjan Gavalji
the Telerik team
Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Ciprian Bortos
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Erjan Gavalji