This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2010 Crash when changing .rlinq filename

3 Answers 48 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Gianni Araco
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gianni Araco asked on 04 Dec 2011, 10:06 AM
Greetings.
I'm having a few troubles changing the .rlinq filename.
When I try to do that, Visual Studio changes the .rlinq, the .cs but hangs and crashes when it has to rename the .design.
I tries it several times, always with the same result.
I can't say which side is the problem. I'm using VS2010 (10.0.30319.1) connected with Team Foundation Server 2010.
Just as a note: the entire project was checked-out.

Anyway, it could be nice to have the .rlinq automatically named as the model name (entered during the wizard phase), instead of a generic EntitiesModel. I work with a handful database, so it would be handy to have the specific name on the VS tab when files are opened.
Nothing major, but helpful.

Thanks very much.
Gianni Araco

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 07 Dec 2011, 11:28 AM
Hello Gianni Araco,

We reproduced the error, however we are still investigating what is causing it. The problem does not seem to be related to TFS as we are able to reproduce it with projects that are not bound to a source control system. We will let you know once we have more details, thank you for reporting this.

As to your suggestion, it is already on the TODO list, our plans are to use the rlinq file name as model/context name instead of the default "EntitiesModel". You can expect this to be implemented for one of the following releases.

Best wishes,
Alexander
the Telerik team

Q3’11 of Telerik OpenAccess ORM is available for download. Register for the What's New in Data Tools webinar to see what's new and get a chance to WIN A FREE LICENSE!

Accepted
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2011, 10:23 AM
Hi Gianni Araco,

This indeed turned out to be a problem on our side. We have fixed it in the internal build which was released yesterday (version 2011.3.1213.3).

Thank you for reporting this issue, your Telerik points have been updated.

Regards,
Alexander
the Telerik team

Q3’11 of Telerik OpenAccess ORM is available for download. Register for the What's New in Data Tools webinar to see what's new and get a chance to WIN A FREE LICENSE!

Gianni Araco
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Dec 2011, 11:46 AM
Perfect!
Thank you very much for the great support.

Best regards.
Gianni Araco
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Gianni Araco
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander
Telerik team
Gianni Araco