This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrading TFS 2010 to TFS2012

4 Answers 66 Views
TFS Integration
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Shaun
Top achievements
Rank 1
Shaun asked on 13 Jun 2013, 07:16 PM
Greetings,

I am planning a future upgrade of TFS from 2010 to 2012.    Is there any guidance on what to expect for our existing Teampulse installation?  Will Teampulse smoothly transition as well?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Oleg
Telerik team
answered on 14 Jun 2013, 09:27 AM
Hello Rowan,

TeamPulse is designed to run equally well with TFS 2010 and 2012. There should be nothing required to be done from the side of the TeamPulse application for the upgrade. If the TFS server details used by TeamPulse (server name, collection, path, port number and user credentials) and the process templates of the currently synced projects remain unchanged - than the synchronization should continue working without issues after the upgrade. (Since you are using TeamPulse R1 2013 - than you should already have Team Explorer 2012 because it is required even for syncing with TFS 2010.)

It is just advisable to make sure there are no currently running project synchronizations from TeamPulse (to do that from the UI you can just open the TFS Sync Information screen in the old Silverlight interface - for the project(s) that you are currently using.) Then stop the TeamPulse integration service for the time while the TFS server is not available. After the TFS upgrade - just start again the TeamPulse integration service. You can run a sync in order to make sure everything is functioning ok.

Let us know if any issue occurs.

Regards,
Oleg
Telerik
Shaun
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jun 2013, 09:21 PM
Hi Oleg,

After upgrading from TFS2010 to TFS2012 and upgrading our process template from SCRUM 1.0 to SCRUM2.2, I am seeing the following error when I attempt to syncronize a bug:

Could not load file or assembly...
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture = neutral, PublicKeyToken=..' or one of its dependencies.  the system cannot find the file specified.

Please see the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Shaun
Shaun
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jun 2013, 12:37 AM
Update:

I got past this by installing VS2010 with the help of another forum post.

This resulted in a new error when attempting to sync however:

Settings are not valid.  Please review the following error:
 [TTP22004]  Could not find query 'Team Queries\Sync\Phase 2' in project 'XXXXXXXXX'.  Ensure that the query exists and is visible to everyone.

(Note that the "XXXXXXX" shows the actual project name, I have removed it for privacy)
Shaun
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jun 2013, 05:47 PM
Hello,

It looks like the upgrade from SCRUM 1.0 to SCRUM 2.2 renamed our query hierarchy...

Before upgrade: Team Queries\Sync\Phase 2
After upgrade: Shared Queries\Sync\Phase 2

After updating my configuration to reflect the new path, syncing is working once again.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks,
Shaun
Tags
TFS Integration
Asked by
Shaun
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Oleg
Telerik team