This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrading Existing OpenAccess project from 2011.1.316.10 to 2013.3.1014.1

2 Answers 56 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Fraser
Top achievements
Rank 1
Fraser asked on 09 Dec 2013, 10:02 PM
Hi,
I am attempting to move a legacy application

FROM: 'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2011.1.316.10, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342'

TO:       'Telerik.OpenAccess, Version=2013.3.1014.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7ce17eeaf1d59342'

The visual studio plugin has been upgraded.
The references/assemblies for the specific ORM project have been upgraded
The project uses "forward mapping" with the mappings defined in the app.config of the ORM project.
I have not applied any form of wizard or upgrade process to the .net ORM project (if one exists?)

The project compiles and seems to successfully run the enhancer.
However on running an ASP website that accesses the ORM, it errors with: (x's are masking)
There are more than one db-column extensions used, only one is allowed. --> xxx.xxxx.xxxx, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/namespace[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]/class[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx.cccc]/db-key-generator="HIGHLOW"

thanks

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ady
Telerik team
answered on 10 Dec 2013, 09:23 AM
Hi Fraser,

This seems to be a problem in the mapping of the key generator mechanism of a class. This is indeed strange if all you did was upgrading to a newer version.

Can you send me the app.config file , or at least the entire <class> node for the class in question? I would like to have a look at the mapping and fix it for you.

Regards,
Ady
Telerik
OpenAccess ORM Q3 2013 simplifies your model operations even further providing you with greater flexibility. Check out the list of new features shipped with our latest release!
Fraser
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 10 Dec 2013, 09:23 PM
Ady,
Thanks for the help.

After some head scratching I applied a few brain-cells to the problem and located some weird looking xml.
At some point in the app.config's history one of the <class> nodes had been given a duplicate db-key-generator node.  There were two children of a specific class that looked like:
            <extension key="db-key-generator" value="HIGHLOW" />
I cant tell from the revision history how/why the duplicate was introduced.  Maybe a very old version of the SDK, or maybe a cut'n'paste error.

Deleting it made all the difference !
thanks
fraser

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Fraser
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ady
Telerik team