This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgraded to 2011.1.1116 -- all kinds of problems?

1 Answer 18 Views
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob Ainscough asked on 09 Dec 2011, 06:00 PM
I got prompt to upgrade to the latest version of RadControls when I opened my project.  I ran the Upgrade Wizard, in shows NO FAILED items.  So I clean my solution, and then try to build my solution and I have a 40+ errors in my solution??  They appear to be all related to RadGauge references -- missing assembly?? 

I have "xmlns:telerik="http://schemas.telerik.com/2008/xaml/presentation"  ... did RadGauge get moved to some other assembly?

Rob

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 14 Dec 2011, 09:04 AM
Hello Rob Ainscough,

Since the 2011.Q3 release we introduced a new gauge control. It is almost new control redesigned from scratch. Some of its features are similar to the old control’s features but they are implemented in absolutely different way (using different set of properties), some features are completely new.

Our demo application now references the new gauge control and demonstrates its features. We are working on the help topics so they describe features of the new control as well.

We strongly recommend that you use the new gauge control in your new applications. We also would recommend replacing the old control with new one in existing applications if there is a timeframe for this task. To avoid cross-controls problems we’ve removed old control from the default Telerik namespace. But it still can be used in your XAML as following:

<UserControl x:Class="OldGaugeControl.MainPage"
    xmlns:gauge="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Gauge"
    xmlns:gauges="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls.Gauges;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Gauge"
    mc:Ignorable="d"
    d:DesignHeight="300" d:DesignWidth="400">
    <Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White">
        <gauge:RadGauge>
            <gauges:RadialGauge>
                <gauges:RadialScale Name="radialScale">
                    <gauges:IndicatorList>
                        <gauges:Needle Value="75" />
                    </gauges:IndicatorList>
                </gauges:RadialScale>
            </gauges:RadialGauge>
        </gauge:RadGauge>
    </Grid>
</UserControl>

All the best,
Andrey Murzov
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
Installer and Visual Studio Extensions
Asked by
Rob Ainscough
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Share this question
or