This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade to 2014.1.318 testing shows small issue

3 Answers 91 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ross B.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ross B. asked on 25 Mar 2014, 04:25 PM
Greetings,

I just published one of our web apps to a testing server to test the upgrade from 2013.3.1316 --> 2014.1.318. It looks good for the most part. I have found one issue I can not explain. In 2013.3.1316, the application rendered great for ie8,ie9,ie10,ie11, chrome and Firefox. After the latest update it seems all of the browser versions except ie9 are rendering correctly. There seems to be something off with the styling for ie9 standard mode. I have attached a few screenshots.

Thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Dimo
Telerik team
answered on 26 Mar 2014, 10:14 AM
Hi Ross,

It looks like the theme stylesheet (kendo.blueopal.min.css) is missing. Can you please verify that it loads in IE9? Does the same theme work on your side on our online demos?

http://demos.telerik.com/kendo-ui/web/grid/remote-data.html

Regards,
Dimo
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Ross B.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2014, 01:27 PM
I am loading the theme's css in a bundle based on the selected theme. The bundle includes these files.

kendoThemeName is blueopal.

​ "~/Content/kendo/" + _KENDO_VERSION + "/kendo.common.*",
"~/Content/kendo/" + _KENDO_VERSION + "/kendo."+kendoThemeName+".*",
"~/Content/kendo/" + _KENDO_VERSION + "/kendo.dataviz.min.css",
"~/Content/kendo/" + _KENDO_VERSION + "/kendo.dataviz."+kendoThemeName+".*"));

I will un-bundle and redeploy and ensure that all the files are loaded. It worked in other browsers for that version, however, I did not stop to think that it could be cached.
Ross B.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Mar 2014, 01:40 PM
Greetings,

Must have been an issue during deployment because it was a problem on 4 different pc's. I redeployed and the problem was resolved...probably should have done this in the first place:)
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Ross B.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimo
Telerik team
Ross B.
Top achievements
Rank 1