This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

upgrade from 2008.3.1314 to 2009.1.311 causes error

2 Answers 97 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Vinny D.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Vinny D. asked on 24 Mar 2009, 02:51 PM
I get an error when trying to run either: OpenAccess QSF for .NET 2.0 or OpenAccess QSF for .NET 3.5 after upgrading from 2008.3.1314 to 2009.1.311. I also cannot compile the C# .NET 3.5 example solution (which I believe creates the exe above)

The error is a Windows application crash, which I can debug and I've trace it to the following exception:
Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.WinControls.UI, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5bb2a467cbec794e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I debugged the application, this was caused by the DB servername. I corrected it to the db server I was using prior to the upgrade, and recompiled.

This is the last error I could not resolve:
Error 204 The type or namespace name 'StatusViewer' does not exist in the namespace 'Telerik.QuickStart.WinControls' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Program Files\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\examples\ExamplesWin\Examples\FirstSteps\StoringObjects\DefaultCS.Designer.cs 31 73 ExamplesWin35

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
answered on 25 Mar 2009, 08:40 AM
Hello Vincenzo,
In our latest release we use the WinControls.UI version 8.2.3 and the message states you require 8.0.0.0. It looks like you have the old examples used together with the new OpenAccess distributable. Please uninstall completely OpenAccess from the system, then verify that there are no Telerik.OpenAccess assemblies in the GAC, and no files left under the [ProgramFiles]\Telerik\OpenAccess ORM\. Please re-install again afterwards. This should solve the problem.

Kind regards,
Dimitar Kapitanov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Vinny D.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Mar 2009, 09:53 PM
Thank you, it appears I'm having environment issues to the security locked down corporate Windows XP image. I could not replicate the problem on my Windows 2008 Server sandbox. Thank you for your response.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Vinny D.
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dimitar Kapitanov
Telerik team
Vinny D.
Top achievements
Rank 1