This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to view "RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2009" Documentation on my Silverlight 3 Development Platform

3 Answers 55 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
Philip asked on 06 Apr 2009, 01:20 PM
I am running on a Vista platform with IE 8, VS2008 SP1 and the Silverlight 3 beta.

I downloaded the "RadControls_for_Silverlight_2009_1_0312_TRIAL.msi" file and successfully ran the installer.  The demo application opened and works normally.

I clicked the Vista Start button -->All Programs --> Telerik-->RadControls for Silverlight Q1 2009-->Documentation. The Documentation Help Screen opened.

I expanded the Tree in the navigation pane and selected Controls-->RadProgressBar-->Overview.  A message box appeared which said that "Microsoft Document Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Any support would be appreciated.

Thank you Philip

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 08 Apr 2009, 12:01 PM
Hi Philip,

I tested it here on our test machine with the exact same parameters and it was working fine. Actually, the help has nothing to do with the Silverlight version.

This behavior is quite weird indeed. We have not experienced such a problem before. It might be something is wrong whit your Microsoft Document Explorer that causes it to crash. Is this happening every time or just sometimes and is it happening only with RadProgressBar's help or with all topics? You can try to reinstall the Microsoft Document Explorer.

Regards,
Boyan
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 08 Apr 2009, 01:45 PM
Boyan, speaking of documents. I've noticed your Online SL document is somewhat broken compared to previous release. For example if you try to find any info on Tab Control, nothing shows up whereas it used to work fine.
Hopefully after SP1, you can upgrade the online help doc!
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 09 Apr 2009, 02:35 PM
Hi ..Ben,

That's right. The online help is broken at the moment and we are currently addressing the issues. With the forthcoming SP1 release that is due by the end of this week we will update the help files and hopefully address all the problems that currently exist.

Kind regards,
Boyan
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer , the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Philip
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan
Telerik team
Ben Hayat
Top achievements
Rank 2