This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to use controls with version - 'Telerik radcontrols for Silverlight Q3 2011 SP1'

3 Answers 105 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Yathish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Yathish asked on 30 Dec 2011, 04:24 PM
Hi,

I have installed the latest version of telerik controls for silverlight i.e. Telerik radcontrols for Silverlight Q3 2011 SP1(downloaded yesterday) in my windows 7 environment.

Other details:
-----------------

Microsoft VS 2010 Ultimate (also vs2008)
Silverlight 4 (with sdk sl 3 and 4)

Problem:
-----------

When i try to drag and drop most of the rad controls in SL designer i get this error.

For instance, say i drag Radchart on the desinger:

---------------------------
Error Dialog
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: childOrDescendant

"Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: childOrDescendant"
OK   

i get a error dialog popup with the above error details.

Can anyone help me out in overcoming this issue? Any help is highly appreicated.

Thanks & Regards,
YK

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jan 2012, 03:45 PM
Hello Yathish,

Could you confirm that you are getting the design-time error only for Telerik controls? Could you try dragging MS DataGrid from the toolbox, does it behave correctly?

We have found similar issue reported for the MS DataGrid control for Silverlight here and the proposed solution is to reinstall the Silverlight 4 Tools to fix the problem.

All the best,
Giuseppe
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Yathish
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Jan 2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Giuseppe ,

I get this design time error only with few radcontrols. All other microsoft and telerik controls work fine.

for example : Radchart

After upgrading to SL 5, i get this below error when i try to use radchart. Others work fine. Unfortunately i have my main set of work with radchart:(
Error Dialog
 [Line: 0 Position: 0]

"Method not found: 'System.Delegate System.Reflection.MethodInfo.CreateDelegate(System.Type, System.Object)'."
OK   

Thanks .

Regards,
YK
Giuseppe
Telerik team
answered on 11 Jan 2012, 02:37 PM
Hello Yathish,

We were able to reproduce the problematic design-time behavior, however, we believe it is related to the Microsoft Silverlight 5 framework itself as reported here and here.

Unfortunately, for the time being we cannot suggest you a viable workaround though you can try the somewhat weird solution suggested on the Microsoft site to install Visual Studio 2011 developer preview side-by-side in order to resolve the issue in Visual Studio 2010.

Regards,
Giuseppe
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Yathish
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Giuseppe
Telerik team
Yathish
Top achievements
Rank 1