This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Unable to remove JustMock extension from VS 2010 Ultimate SP1 beta

3 Answers 174 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Carl asked on 22 Jan 2011, 06:57 PM
I have been experiencing anomalous behavior with VS 2010 Ultimate SP1 beta crashing every time I close the IDE, and then it repeatedly restarts and spawns a new devenv process and IDE.

According to Microsoft Connect this is a known bug in VS 2010 but they have not yet released a workaround, patch, and won't say anything other than it will be available with the final RTM of SP1.

However, there are some notes to suggest that the problem may be related to add-in and extension menus that have been added to the IDE. So in an effort to investigate, I have attempted to remove various extensions and control sets.

I have been unable to remove the JustMock extensions from the Extension Manager. It says to remove via Windows Add/Remove Control Panel which I did successfully. So JustMock has been UNinstalled from Windows Control Panel and is no longer visible there. But it remains in VS 2010 Extension Manager.

So how to remove the JustMock extension?

I do wish to continue using VS 2010 Ultimate SP1 beta. And I am not yet willing to completely UNinstall VS 2010, and go through the process of re-installing it.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Chris
Telerik team
answered on 24 Jan 2011, 02:39 PM
Hi Carl,
That's strange. Usually you shouldn't see JustMock in the Extension Manager because it's installed only as an add-in. Btw, do you mean JustCode or JustMock? Currently only JustCode is installed as an extension in VS (hence appearing in the Extension manager) and JustMock is installed only as an add-in.
In Order to disable JustMock completely you could go to Tools -> Add-in Manager and uncheck the checkboxes appearing next to JustMock. E.g. you could uncheck the "Startup" checkbox appearing next to JustMock, then restart VS and JustMock won't get loaded.

Hope this information helps.

All the best,
Chris
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with JustMock
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Jan 2011, 08:09 PM
No it does NOT show in any way as an add-in the add-in manager.

JustMock does show up under "Templates" in the extension manager but with the "Disable" and "Uninstall" buttons ghosted out and disabled.

Please note that this situation is now what I continue to observe even though I 

1) Uninstalled all Telerik products

2) Uninstalled VS 2010 Ultimate SP 1 Beta

3) Repaired and rebuilt VS 2010 Ultimate

4) Reinstalled a few critical Telerik controls such as RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and Extensions for MVC, but did NOT reinstall JustMock.

I've also noted that in general Telerik UNinstalls are NOT clean in the sense that they leave a lot of Telerik keys in the Windows registry. Is there a key in the registry that controls display of the JustMock entry that continues to appear in the Extension Manager? 
Chris
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jan 2011, 04:55 PM
Hi Carl,
I see, that looks like some really annoying behavior. Could you try reinstalling JustMock and then uninstalling it (from the Control Panel)? I guess the last time you've uninstalled it you could have had some VS instances open which could have prevented JustMock from uninstalling completely.
I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,
Chris
the Telerik team
Browse the videos here>> to help you get started with JustMock
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Carl
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by