This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Tool Tip

3 Answers 64 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Dwight
Top achievements
Rank 1
Dwight asked on 21 Jul 2009, 11:24 PM
Hi

I wonder if someone can help.

I've been experimenting with the Tool tip controls that come with the Ajax suite and was wondering if there is an equivalent/similar functionality in Silverlight.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks in advance
Dwight

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rosi
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jul 2009, 04:20 PM
Hello Dwight,

Currently we do not have a RadToolTip control for Silverlight. Could you please share with us which of the features that RadToolTip for ASP.NET  AJAX supports are most useful and valuable for you?

Meanwhile you can review our online demo of RadScheduler control which illustrate how you can customize a standard tooltip control.

Kind regards,
Rosi
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Dwight
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jul 2009, 04:57 PM

Hi Rosi,

Thanks for the prompt response.

I've had a quick look at the SL schedule demo of the tool tip and that is looks good..

With regards to the Ajax Tool Tip control, the functionality that would be useful are the animated "Callout" type boxes and would be really useful in a system where there is a requirement for alot of user input.

For example - when a user tabs from one field to the next a Callout box appears to the right of the field that explians what is required (abit like online assistance) in the input field.

Not sure if this is already part of the SL Tool Tip functionality, but if it is please could you give me some pointers in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

Dwight

Rosi
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2009, 07:43 AM
Hi Dwight,

In your case I suggest you use Silverlight Popup control and show it when the tab gets the focus. The following links illustrate how you can use the popup control.
http://silverlight.net/blogs/jesseliberty/archive/2008/06/06/popup-control.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/silverlight_sdk/archive/2008/04/18/playing-with-the-popup-control.aspx
http://johnpapa.net/all/tutorial-create-a-silverlight-2-user-control-from-a-popup-control/

The articles above show how the popup can be shown upon Click, however, you can easily change the code and show the popup on Focus (GetFocus).

As a side note - we will be considering working on a RadToolTip control. As we have already planned other major tasks for the next Q3, we will most probably be able to start development on a ToolTip control in Q1 2010.

Greetings,
Rosi
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Dwight
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Rosi
Telerik team
Dwight
Top achievements
Rank 1