This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The Q1 2007 secret has been revealed!

41 Answers 980 Views
Announcements
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Telerik Admin asked on 19 Apr 2007, 04:14 PM
The Q1 2007 release's secret has been revealed!

Check the Telerik Quest for details!

Yours truly,
Enigma Team

41 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accok5
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:21 PM
edit: ignore.
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:24 PM
For those that miss my post in the other Quest forum, make sure you clear your cache if you're having trouble viewing the reveal details. That should fix the problem if you're still seeing the "old" Quest page.

Thanks~
Todd
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:28 PM
Todd!

I thought AJAX mean no cachingproblem ;)
And just for the record, I'm GLAD it wasn't a pony :D
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:30 PM
Here is the RadPony version, for all who requested it !!!

Enigma team
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:31 PM
OMG :D
tomjhansen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:31 PM
ok - now that was funny
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:34 PM
Just for clarification, the scheduler will NOT be available on opnday, it is a COMING product if I read it correctly? (it says upcoming...)
John S.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:35 PM
Hello,

Looks like some exciting stuff. The only disappointment for me is the Beta status of some of the items.

Will the Prometheus counterparts be able to be upgraded reasonably easy to Prometheus controls?

Thanks,
John
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:36 PM
Our best estimate for the first beta of RadScheduler is end of May :)

Best wishes,
the telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new telerik Support Center
edgebyte
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:55 PM
Here's a bit of a review of the new stuff that's been announced today from me.

Comments welcome!
S. Webb
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 04:57 PM
Will the Prometheus controls be included with our current ASP.Net Rad Control subscriptions or will it need to be licensed separately?
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 05:01 PM
All details about Prometheus will be revealed over the next few days. Watch for the first block of details on the Telerik Community Blogs tomorrow.

Thanks~
Todd
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 05:05 PM
Todd, just a small note, on your watchpage, you list RadSlider twice and mising somecomponent in your post.. iu guess everyone try to read and pussle all details right now,.. ;)
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 05:12 PM
Thanks Per! I fixed the post with the correct sixth control: RadSplitter.
Bill O'Neil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 05:56 PM
I'm a bit confused about the Prometheus Controls - will they work both with the radAJAX framework and the MS framework?

I have a large application that I've incorporated a good deal of radAJAX functionality (because it was a) available before the Microsoft version and b) easier to manage.) 

Is Telerik moving towards Microsoft Framework or will the focus continue to be on their homegrown product?
Ken Fleming
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 07:24 PM
The answer to the last question is of interest to a lot of us.
We have a lot of time/$$ invested.  It it bad enough that we had to swtich code from RadCallback to RadAjax, but if we have to go through that pain again, it will be annoying. 

I know, I know, the product is getting better and this is a step in the correct direction, but sometimes this compatibility issue is a killer.  So much of management today will not give permission for rewrites or any major code revision that puts money in the bank.  They don't give d$$n if your code is more difficult to maintain or not supported, etc.
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 07:32 PM
Ken-

I promise we're very conscious of this issue and you have no need to worry. Many questions regarding Prometheus and how it will work and be supported will be revealed tomorrow, so just check back then. I will highlight one of the details revealed today, though, that Prometheus will be fully compatible with all existing RadControls, including RadAjax.

Please check back tomorrow for full details and answers to your questions.

Thanks~
Todd
Bill O'Neil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Apr 2007, 07:37 PM
Good to hear that it will be compatible but I'm curious as to Telerik's stance on Microsoft AJAX vs. radAJAX moving forward.  I think Ken's inquiry has as much to do with the future of radAJAX (and support of it as a product) as it does the Prometheus controls.

Looking forward to hearing more!
edgebyte
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Apr 2007, 09:04 AM
At the end of the day, I figure that it doesn't really matter which Ajax framework our apps actually end up using - as the Ajax code is abstracted away from our own using RadAjaxManager.

If RadAjaxManager were to be updated to use Microsoft's ASP.NET Ajax rather than telerik's own RadAjax framework then I don't think I'd even notice.

I think in the long run, ASP.NET Ajax will prevail... a code-compatible telerik Ajax manager for MS' Ajax framework would be just great though - for exactly the reasons highlighted above.
Bill O'Neil
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Apr 2007, 11:29 AM
I entirely agree with you edgebyte - the key is not having to re-code a large site based on radAJAX.  If MS' framework is the future area of focus for Telerik (and I imagine at some point it will be) we just look for the best possible method of transitioning existing radAJAX sites.
edgebyte
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 10:54 AM
So what time today is Q1 2007 due out? I'm sat here in the office waiting to download it! :-)
Paul
Telerik team
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 10:56 AM
Hi there,

The new release of our controls (Q1 2007) is expected to be live by the end of the day (European time). Please stand by for the biggest release in the Telerik history - I hope that you will be satisfied with the new controls/updated versions of the old ones.

All the best,
Paul
the telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
rklemm
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 12:36 PM
Will there be a post here once it is released?  I am subscribing in hopes that it is, so I don't have to repeatedly hit refresh on your site all day long!! :)

Also, will those books be released at the same time?  Cannot WAIT for those either, as I am sure there is a ton of undiscovered goodies in these controls that we (my company) are unaware of...

px
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 03:36 PM
Tagging on for the alert :)

Pete
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 03:54 PM
Yes, there will be an announcement, guys. Stay tuned. If all is well, we will be live within 3 hours.

Greetings,
Rob
the telerik team

edgebyte
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 04:12 PM
Ah well, I'm going home... it's the end of the day here in the uk and I'm knackered.

Good luck with the release!

(It took _forever_ to remove Q4 2006 and Reporting beta 2 from my dev box btw... so let's have a release today so I don't have to put Q4 2006 back on in the morning :-))
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 06:35 PM
Just checking servertime :D
Adam L. Ooten
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 06:38 PM
My Client.net account has the new 4/23 date next to the controls, but the old version is in there still.  Wierd.  Them telerik guys must be hard at work hooking it up for us!
Relative
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 06:41 PM
Keep at it people, I'm ready to download tonight!

L.
Johnathon Sprouse
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 07:14 PM
Installing Now! Whoo Hoo!

- Johnathon
edgebyte
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 07:30 PM
Still waiting for the full package to become available.

I don't think it's still Monday "business" daytime anywhere in Europe anymore...

Thanks for the blog post Todd but I'll keep my finger on f5 this end.. I'm hoping to get the controls installed overnight so I can actually start using them tomorrow instead of having to spend half of tomorrow watching progress bars.
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 09:21 PM
Just to update those subscribed to this thread, the Q1 controls are mostly released now. You may not see the "Prometheus" controls in your licensed controls section yet, but a script is running to update the subscription licenses so you should see them soon.

Enjoy the new controls and be sure to share your feedback in the forums!

Thanks~
Todd
Per Holmqvist
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 23 Apr 2007, 09:38 PM

>>You may not see the "Prometheus" controls in your licensed controls section yet, but a script is running to update the subscription licenses so you should see them soon
Oki, so this is why I only can find the download link for the asp.net/winform cotrols and not prometheus or reporting link? Or do we need to log out/in again to get the new licenses?

Just stay tuned and wait a little bit more?

Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 01:59 PM
All-

You should now see the Reporting and "Prometheus" downloads in your licensed purchases section in Client.net. Sorry for the delay in getting these setup correctly. Enjoy the new tools and be sure to share your feedback in the forums!

Thanks~
Todd
v.
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 02:17 PM
I still don't see "Prometheus" downloads.
rklemm
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 02:19 PM
I went to Client.net->My Licenses->My Purchases, and all I see when I get there is Version Q1 2007 of the RadControls.  In the downloads section of this, I don't see anything that seems to refer to Prometheus - just the usual downloads.  Am I missing something?  Bear in mind I have not installed those yet as I want to read the changes and backwards compatibility manual, which does not seem to be working either (I open it and get "Page cannot be displayed" for everything).
edgebyte
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 02:21 PM
George Mariakis
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 02:26 PM
Got the post from Todd and they are up in my account. So it is working.

Thanks!

George
Todd Anglin
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 02:31 PM
For those of you that don't see the downloads yet, it's only a matter of minutes. The update is a rolling process and it is quickly covering all subscriptions. You will have your downloads very soon. I promise. :)

Thanks~
Todd
Ken Fleming
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 02:53 PM
there is going to be a riot!
Still no Prometheus...
Just joking...
Love you guys, keep up the great work.
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 24 Apr 2007, 02:59 PM
Ken, check your account now :))

Important note for license developers (not purchase holders):
Guys, please note that license developers are not assigned automatically to new products, such as "Prometheus" and the Reporting. Please, make sure to ask the purchase holder in your company to add you explicitly as a license developer, otherwise you will not be able to see nor download the new products from your account.

Kind regards,
Rob
the telerik team

Tags
Announcements
Asked by
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by