This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

The app references non-public selectors in Payload/Cordova350.app/Cordova350

4 Answers 300 Views
Apache Cordova
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
James asked on 12 Jul 2014, 03:15 AM
I have written and exported a Cordova 3.5.0 PhoneGap Application using the Telerik Platform.
The app is using jQuery Mobile and an InAppPurchasing plugin.
The only other plugins used are Cordova Splashscreen and Cordova Statusbar.

I can run the app no problem when i install it via iTunes on to my iPad. However, when I submit the app via Application Loader, I get the following errors:

The app references non-public selectors in Payload/Cordova350.app/Cordova350:
_canShowMIMEType:, ignore, uiWebView:decidePolicyForMIMEType:request:frame:decisionLister, webView:decidePolicyForMIMEType:request:frame:decisionListener:

I was tempted to go in and edit/look for the lines that reference these 'non-public selectors' myself but the Cordova350 file is a unix executable file that when opened looks like bytes of hex codes.I cant seem to find anything from googling around about anyone experiencing a similar issue. Is this just a setting somewhere I have forgotten to untick? Any help would be appreciated

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2014, 04:58 PM
Hello James,

We've seen this error coming up when the Mobile Testing plugin is enabled in the app. So can you please check to see the status of the plugin. To check if it is enabled please open the project properties and in the Plugins tab, navigate to the Integrated Plugins section and expand it, if needed. Then check the slider for the Telerik Mobile Testing plugin.

If there are indeed no other plugins enabled in your project, except for the InAppPurchase, StatusBar and Splashscreen, then you can try downgrading the targeted Cordova version of the app. We want to rule out the Cordova version and specifically the InAppPurchase plugin integration with that version as a cause.

If this also doesn't help, we will need more information to investigate the case further on our side. Can you start a support ticket and send your app so that we can further investigate that locally? Basically it would help us to know the version of the InAppPurchase plugin you're using and how you've implemented it in your code. We also want to make sure there are no libraries included in the project that may cause such errors.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation on the matter.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
Telerik

Share what you think about AppBuilder and Telerik Platform with us in our feedback portal, so we can become even better!

James
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Jul 2014, 12:33 AM
Hi Tina,

I went and checked my Integrated Plugins section and can confirm (see attachment) that no other plugins are turned on.

With regards to your second suggestion of downgrading the version of Cordova, I had tried initially with 3.2.0 and assumed that was the reason the issue was occurring. So I can confirm the issue exists in 3.2.0. Is there a lower version that you can suggest, I am happy to try.

It occurs to me the LiveSync option was/is turned on when i exported this app. Could that be the reason that this is occurring?
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jul 2014, 05:08 PM
Hello James,

I would definately recommend building the app in a release mode, which means with LiveSync turned off. Having the feature turned on means that when the app is deployed on a device, all project files can be extracted and available on the mobile device. We need this behavior to be able to access and change those files on the fly. Having that in mind, although we have not seen reports indicating that the live-sync feature can lead to the reported error being thrown, it may very well be the cause for it.

Basically building the app in a Release mode means that your project assets will stay only in the sand-boxed application bundle and it is therefore the recommended build for apps going to the app store. Additionally, please note that in order to publish apps in Apple AppStore you need to create them with an App Store distribution provisioning profile. In AppBuilder such a profile can be applied while preparing the app for publishing.

I hope this information will help and you will be able to upload your app to iTunes Connect manually but using AppBuilder's publishing feature.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
Telerik

Visit the Telerik Verified Plugins Marketplace and get the custom Cordova plugin you need, already tweaked to work seamlessly with AppBuilder.

eaigs
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Sep 2014, 09:04 AM
Hi,
We had a similar issue with The app references non-public selectors in Cordova350 and The app references non-public selectors in Cordova320. Turned off the Mobile Testing plugin and it allowed it through the 1st phase of approval.

Thanks
Tags
Apache Cordova
Asked by
James
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
James
Top achievements