This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Telerik Control Panel stuck during install on OpenAccess
4 Answers 188 Views
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brett asked on 29 Jun 2012, 07:48 PM
I am trying to install OpenAccess using the Telerik control panel but it's just sitting at 50% and says Installing Telerik OpenAccess SDK, updating component registration. I tried canceling and restarting the install but it restarts at 50% again and does not seem to move past it. Any ideas?

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
0
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 Jun 2012, 08:35 PM
Edit- I thought I fixed the issue, I got it installed via /ProgramData/Telerik/Install/Downloads/ And running the installer without Control Panel. Now my templates are missing. I guess I will continue the fight.

0
Petar
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2012, 08:09 AM
Hi Brett,

I am sorry for the trouble that you have encountered.

It's good that you managed to find and use the msi installation package.

The OpenAccess product consists of two installation packages - one for the main product and one for the SDK. The missing templates are part of the main Open Access product, not the SDK. I suggest you to run 'Repair' of OpenAccess through the Control Panel. If you experience issues again you can try running 'Repair' of the main product using the msi installation package.

I hope this will help you to resolve the problem on your side.

All the best,
Petar
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

0
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Jul 2012, 03:26 PM
I have the same issue. I tried it for two hours yesterday and had to shut down at the end of the working day. Today the Control Panel is slowly going through it. Right now it says "Copying new files" but it has been doing this for over 30 minutes at this stage.

I did some checking and the Resource Monitor does show many content samples being copied. I used ESET Smart Security. I also use Diskeeper though these do not seem to be interfering.

Suffice it to say, the process is taking a very long time (hours) to complete. I could use the installer separately as one person has said. Maybe the old version needs to be repaired first. I am not clear on that.
0
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 16 Jul 2012, 04:25 PM
Hi Daniel,

We will do our best to have these performance issues fixed for our next openaccess release. We have also planned on improving progress messages in the control panel, so you do not need to use additional tools to figure out what is going on behind the scenes.

About your specific case - you could simply download the OpenAccess product installer from the "Your Account" page on our website and skip installing the SDK as it is the larger package. Repairing the previous versions on your machine shouldn't make a difference.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you experience any further difficulties.

All the best,
Andrey
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Brett
Top achievements
Rank 1
Petar
Telerik team
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrey
Telerik team
Share this question
or