This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

System.Windows.LayoutCycleException since 2011 Q1

7 Answers 94 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Julien asked on 23 Mar 2011, 01:36 PM
Hi,

I just want to indicate that you have somewhere a problem with a LayoutCycleException in your code.

I was having a problem that one of my colleague wasn't having, and this was only because of the new version of telerik for silverlight.

I reverted back to the 2010 Q3 SP1 and now everything is working.

I don't know on which composant it is, but you can found more details on my problem here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5403597/system-windows-layoutcycleexception-in-a-silverlight-application/5405260#5405260

Julien

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Milan
Telerik team
answered on 23 Mar 2011, 02:58 PM

Hi Julien,

Could you please post more information about you setup. What controls are bing used? It would be great if you could prepare a sample application which demonstrates the problem. 

Without additional application it would be really hard for us to provide you with any kind of solution. 

Best wishes,
Milan
the Telerik team
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Mar 2011, 03:10 PM
I'm using grids, docking controls, RadExpander, radCombobox.

I think its into the RadExpander, because, it was crashing only on one page, and I believe it's the only component which is only on this view.

The RadExpander is in a docking control.

I've already lost more than the price of your licence with this problem, so I can't allow me to do more research
Rabeeh
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Mar 2011, 10:24 AM
I am also getting StackOverflow Exception in Telerik.Windows.Documents after upgrading to Q1 2011. I already opened a ticket with the project attached.
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 31 Mar 2011, 10:48 AM
any update? Did you successfully reproduce the problem?
Miro Miroslavov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2011, 11:27 AM
Hello Julien,

Most probably a problem introduced in the Expander is causing your issue. You can take a look at this answer here - you can easily fix the problem. Or you can also download the Latest Internal Build which contains the fix for the Expander. 
Sorry for any inconvenience. Please let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Kind regards,
Miro Miroslavov
the Telerik team
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Apr 2011, 11:50 AM
I think I will wait on the next release to make this works. I think I should receive some teleriks points for bug reporting no?
Miro Miroslavov
Telerik team
answered on 01 Apr 2011, 01:19 PM
Hello Julien,

The bug was originally reported a few weeks ago and is fixed already. The problem was actually that the Expander measured it's content with Infinity, rather than with the available size (if you say it's Stretched). The fix will also be available with the Service Pack release coming in a few weeks. 

Kind regards,
Miro Miroslavov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Milan
Telerik team
Julien
Top achievements
Rank 1