This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

sync Tasks and Office 365 in background

4 Answers 63 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Pedro
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pedro asked on 16 Sep 2013, 03:55 PM
Hi,

I would like to know if I can sync the tasks I have in Office 365 with my WP8 cell in the background, with the "Tasks" soft.

I don´t want to have to open the application to sync the tasks, but automatically or periodically, as WP8 "Todo" list does.

Thanks!

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 17 Sep 2013, 01:32 PM
Hi,

Please follow the instructions below for setting Office365 synchronization account up:

·                     in the username field enter your email

·                     in the password field- your password

·                     in the email field- your email

·                     the value of the server field enter https://mailxyz.org/EWS/Exchange.asmx, where https://mailxyz.org is your server

·                     do not fill the domain field, its value is extracted automatically from the e-mail if nothing is entered into that field and check the "Server requires SSL" checkbox.

Regards,
Ivo
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Pedro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 17 Sep 2013, 02:48 PM
Hi Ivo,

Thanks for your answer, but I know how to configure it :) 

I just want to know if it does sync in the background (when the application is not open), as a background task, for example, every 1 hour.
Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 18 Sep 2013, 07:12 AM
Hi,
The application does not sync in the background- there are lots of restrictions for sync implementation.
The only option is to tune the app to run under lock screen- that is needed if you want to record a longer voice message for a task.

Regards,
Ivo
Telerik
Have a suggestion or face a problem - you can use the Ideas & Feedback portal to submit ideas, feedback and vote for them.
Pedro
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Oct 2013, 08:26 PM
Oh, I see.

Thanks for the answer!
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Pedro
Top achievements
Rank 1