This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Support for VS2010?

5 Answers 180 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Tommy Z
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tommy Z asked on 18 Sep 2009, 08:03 PM
Getting ready to launch a large dev effort with SL3.  VS2008 or VS2010?  Do the current controls work in VS2010?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Hristo Borisov
Telerik team
answered on 21 Sep 2009, 05:04 PM
Hello Leu,

The controls are built specifically for Visual Studio 2008. We currently test our controls for Visual Studio 2010 and will resolve all major issues, if any, for our Q3 release. Until now, we haven't faced any show stopper problems that can affect your development in VS2010. Thank your for contacting us, and I wish you a great experience with our controls and VS2010!

Sincerely yours,
Hristo Borisov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
andrew rekvils
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2009, 09:32 PM
VS2010 Beta 2: As soon as I try to add reference to telerik.windows.controls assembly without any references to its controls in xaml or code and try to compile - I get compilation errors:

:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Silverlight\v3.0\Microsoft.Silverlight.Common.targets(210,9): error MSB4018: The "ValidateXaml" task failed unexpectedly.

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Silverlight\v3.0\Microsoft.Silverlight.Common.targets(210,9): error MSB4018: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///e:\Archives\Telerik\Silverlight 3\RadControls_for_Silverlight_2009_3_0916_TRIAL_Beta\Binaries\Silverlight\Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft\Silverlight\v3.0\Microsoft.Silverlight.Common.targets(210,9): error MSB4018: File name: 'file:///e:\Telerik\Silverlight 3\RadControls_for_Silverlight_2009_3_0916_TRIAL_Beta\Binaries\Silverlight\Telerik.Windows.Controls.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Miroslav
Telerik team
answered on 06 Oct 2009, 03:23 PM
Hi andrew,

I found this blog post which describes the problem and how to solve this. It seems that files downloaded from the internet are marked as "locked" and need to be unblocked. You can do this from the properties of the file. You can unblock the .zip file that you downloaded and then extract the assemblies again:

http://www.neillans.co.uk/?p=392

Hopefully this will fix the issue for you,

Best wishes,
Miroslav
the Telerik team

Watch a video on how to optimize your support resource searches and check out more tips on the blogs.
Steven Nesbit
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 Nov 2009, 11:42 PM
I have both 2008 and 2010 on Windows 7.   When I try to add the tools to a group in VS2010,  It fails.  I am able to add a .dll like ribbon bar to a project, but I can't get the VS2010 drag/drop tools to be added for silverlight. 

Get Message:

"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Windows.Cotnrols, Version=2009.3.1103.1030, Culture=neutral,
      PublicKeyToken-5803cfa389c90ce7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

How can I get this to work? Please....

Milan
Telerik team
answered on 10 Nov 2009, 08:39 AM
Hello Steven Nesbit,

We are currently investigating the problem and we will post a stick thread once we find a solution. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Regards,
Milan
the Telerik team

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tommy Z
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Hristo Borisov
Telerik team
andrew rekvils
Top achievements
Rank 1