This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Style bar chart like Excel 2007 charts

3 Answers 40 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Danny Scheelings
Top achievements
Rank 1
Danny Scheelings asked on 30 Aug 2010, 02:18 PM
Hi,

Can I style the bar chart so it looks like the charts in Excel 2007?
I have attached a small screenshot with some Excel chart bars.

Thanks,
Danny

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 02 Sep 2010, 10:02 AM
Hello Danny Scheelings,

You can change the look of your series by creating your custom style and applying it on the series. How to do this is explained in our documentation here.
Another approach could be to use MVVM and apply your own ControlTemplate over the series. This approach is demonstrated in our demos here.

Greetings,
Yavor Ivanov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Danny Scheelings
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 02 Sep 2010, 10:14 AM
Hi Yavor,

Thanks for the links. Things are more clear to me now!

Do you perhaps know how to draw a bar like the attached example? I am not that familiar in designing with Silverlight!

Thanks,
Danny
Yavor
Telerik team
answered on 07 Sep 2010, 09:15 AM
Hi Danny Scheelings,

You can accomplish the desired effect through retemplating the series like in the MVVM demo and use it in your project. Check out Expression Blend for creating custom templates for Silverlight. Hope this helps.

Regards,
Yavor Ivanov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Danny Scheelings
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yavor
Telerik team
Danny Scheelings
Top achievements
Rank 1