This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Stacked Bar Chart

7 Answers 108 Views
ChartView
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Amy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Amy asked on 23 Oct 2013, 04:42 PM
Hello,

Can someone please advise on which control - RadChart or RadChartView - would be better suited to implement a dashboard as shown in the attached screenshot?

Thanks,
Amy

7 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Peshito
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2013, 02:41 PM
Hi,

I would recommend you to consider using RadChartView. A topic where both charts are compared can be found here:
http://www.telerik.com/help/silverlight/radchartview-radchartview-vs.-radchart.html

You should also note that our efforts are concentrated on the newer chart version which in this case is RadChartView.

Hope this helps you choose which one of both controls will fit better in your scenario.

Regards,
Peshito
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
Amy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Oct 2013, 03:02 PM
Thank you for the response.  I have started to learn the different aspects of the RadChartView.

Can you also provide some direction as to how to create a Title Bar for the RadChartView similar to the attached screenshot?

Thanks,
Amy
Evgenia
Telerik team
answered on 30 Oct 2013, 09:48 AM
Hello Amy,

There are two ways you can have Chart Title:
1. Retemplate RadChartView default style to add a Label inside the first grid of the Cartesian Chart (see the image attached):
    <!--CartesianChart template-->

<Border  x:Name="layoutRoot"

BorderBrush="{TemplateBinding BorderBrush}"

BorderThickness="{TemplateBinding BorderThickness}"

Background="{TemplateBinding Background}">

<Grid>

<Label Name="TitleBar" Background="WhiteSmoke" VerticalAlignment="Top"

HorizontalContentAlignment="Center" Content="My Title Here" ClipToBounds="False"/>

<ContentPresenter x:Name="emptyContent"

HorizontalAlignment="{TemplateBinding HorizontalContentAlignment}"

IsHitTestVisible="False"

Visibility="Collapsed"

VerticalAlignment="{TemplateBinding VerticalContentAlignment}"/>

All default styles and templates for the ChartView control can be found under your controls local installation path (for example: C:\ProgramFiles\Telerik\RadControls_for_Silverlight5_2013_3_1016_Trial\Themes\Windows8\Themes\Telerik.Windows.Controls.Chart.xaml).

2. On the other side you may add such Label or TextBlock outside the visual tree of the RadCartesianChart and position it over the PlotArea via Margins.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Regards,
Evgenia
Telerik
TRY TELERIK'S NEWEST PRODUCT - EQATEC APPLICATION ANALYTICS for SILVERLIGHT.
Learn what features your users use (or don't use) in your application. Know your audience. Target it better. Develop wisely.
MARIUSZ MADEJCZYK
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 24 Sep 2014, 06:05 PM
How create that chart ? with multi stacked bars ? i need to create one such chart and i dont know how.

thanks for sample/example and for help,

best regards
Peshito
Telerik team
answered on 25 Sep 2014, 10:00 AM
Hello MARIUSZ,

You can refer to the following forum thread where similar inquiry is discussed.
http://www.telerik.com/forums/-5f24dcbf812c

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Peshito
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

MARIUSZ MADEJCZYK
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 01 Oct 2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks, that was very helpful,

the last question, StackGroupKey Label, is that possible ?

my attachments shows my needs.

thanks for replay
Peshito
Telerik team
answered on 03 Oct 2014, 08:10 AM
Hello MARIUSZ,

This is not supported out of the box. However you could use a workaround by using a converter and manipulating your axis labels like shown in the attached sample project.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Peshito
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tags
ChartView
Asked by
Amy
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Peshito
Telerik team
Amy
Top achievements
Rank 1