This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Skinning

1 Answer 17 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 2
Jim asked on 24 May 2012, 11:33 PM
My client is demanding extensive customization to various elements, primarily bar charts, gauges, and the elements of the TileView.  I am using Silverlight 4 and Expression Blend 4. Changing the parts, or elements, in VisualStudio 10 seems to only let me make basic changes.

What is the best method to use in skinning these elements?
How were the parts of the Car Dashboard created? (http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/silverlight3/#Gauge/Gallery/CarDashboard)
I think Expression Blend will help a lot but I am having trouble figuring out how.

Attached is the look I need to get. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
answered on 25 May 2012, 09:12 AM
Hi James,

Indeed the presented design requires to use Expression Blend rather than a Visual Studio.
Generally setting simple properties and simple styles will make a pretty simple changes in your control. 
You may check our online documentation where you will find a detailed information about modifying RadControls in Microsoft Expression Blend, following this link. Please take a look at this resource give it a try and let us know how it goes. If you have specific question about styling of RadTileView or RadGauge I strongly recommend you to separate your questions per control and post it in a relevant category. 
Thank you! 

Greetings,
Vanya Pavlova
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jim
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Vanya Pavlova
Telerik team
Share this question
or