Skinning

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Jim
    Jim avatar
    1 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 Link to this post

My client is demanding extensive customization to various elements, primarily bar charts, gauges, and the elements of the TileView.  I am using Silverlight 4 and Expression Blend 4. Changing the parts, or elements, in VisualStudio 10 seems to only let me make basic changes.

What is the best method to use in skinning these elements?
    How were the parts of the Car Dashboard created? (http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/silverlight3/#Gauge/Gallery/CarDashboard)
    I think Expression Blend will help a lot but I am having trouble figuring out how.

Attached is the look I need to get. Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks
  2. Vanya Pavlova
    Admin
    Vanya Pavlova avatar
    2019 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 Link to this post

Hi James,

Indeed the presented design requires to use Expression Blend rather than a Visual Studio.
    Generally setting simple properties and simple styles will make a pretty simple changes in your control. 
    You may check our online documentation where you will find a detailed information about modifying RadControls in Microsoft Expression Blend, following this link. Please take a look at this resource give it a try and let us know how it goes. If you have specific question about styling of RadTileView or RadGauge I strongly recommend you to separate your questions per control and post it in a relevant category. 
    Thank you! 

Greetings,
    Vanya Pavlova
    the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading the Ultimate Collection trial package. Get it now >>