This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Silverlight RadWindow gives Aw, Snap! error in Chrome 24.0.1312.52 m

4 Answers 66 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Nilesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Nilesh asked on 17 Jan 2013, 01:17 PM
Hi Team,

I am using Telerik control for the past 4 years for silverlight. But today I am facing an issue using RadWindow in chrome lastest version.
I had a popup for which I am using Telerik RadWindow and in the Content I am passing RadHtmlPlaceholder object.
Case 1: If the RadHtmlPlaceholder contains a plain html page then it works fine.

Case 2: If an Silverlight Page is included in RadHtmlPlaceholder it loads properly first time, but when I click for the second or third time then the Chrome browser crashes

I am working with 
Silverlight Version : 5
Telerik                  :  2011.3.1220.1040
Operating System : Windows 7

Sample Link:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rvxoryq4b5fbpi/TelerikRadHTMLControlSample.zip

MainPage.XAML.cs

public partial class MainPage : UserControl
    {
        RadHtmlPlaceholder radHtmlPH;
        public MainPage()
        {

InitializeComponent();
            radHtmlPH = null;
            radHtmlPH = new Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadHtmlPlaceholder();
            radHtmlPH.HorizontalAlignment = System.Windows.HorizontalAlignment.Stretch;
            radHtmlPH.VerticalAlignment = System.Windows.VerticalAlignment.Stretch;

// this will work fine
            //radHtmlPH.SourceUrl = new Uri("http://www.telerik.com/support.aspx");  

// This link crashes second time
            radHtmlPH.SourceUrl = new Uri("http://www.wynapse.com/Silverlight/Telerik/PersistenceFrameworkDataToAString.aspx");

}
        RadWindow radWinNormal;
        private void Button_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {

if (radWinNormal != null)
                radWinNormal.Content = null;
            radWinNormal = new RadWindow();
            radWinNormal.Width = 500;
            radWinNormal.Height = 500;
            radWinNormal.Content = radHtmlPH;
            radWinNormal.ShowDialog();
            //PlaceHolder.Children.Add(radHtmlPH);
        }
    }

MainPage.XAML
<Grid x:Name="LayoutRoot" Background="White">
        <Grid.RowDefinitions>
            <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>
            <RowDefinition Height="*" />
        </Grid.RowDefinitions>
        <Button Content="Place Holder" Click="Button_Click"></Button>

</Grid>

Error found while debugging

Unhandled exception at 0x0249f8cf in chrome.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation writing location 0x00000039

{System.InvalidOperationException: SetProperty failed.
   at System.Windows.Browser.ScriptObject.SetProperty(String name, Object value)
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadHtmlPlaceholder.UpdateContent()
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadHtmlPlaceholder.OnSourceUrlChanged()
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadHtmlPlaceholder.OnSourceUrlPropertyChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at Telerik.Windows.PropertyMetadata.PropertyChangeHook.OnPropertyChanged(DependencyObject d, DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.RaisePropertyChangeNotifications(DependencyProperty dp, Object oldValue, Object newValue)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(DependencyProperty property, EffectiveValueEntry oldEntry, EffectiveValueEntry& newEntry, 

ValueOperation operation)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueInternal(DependencyProperty dp, Object value, Boolean allowReadOnlySet, Boolean isBindingInStyleSetter)
   at System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValue(DependencyProperty dp, Object value)
   at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadHtmlPlaceholder.set_SourceUrl(Uri value)
   at MedTegra.Views.Shared.ucHtmlPlaceHolderReport.radHtmlPH_Loaded(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
   at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(UInt32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
   at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32 actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 

flags)}

Please revert back urgently, as our product is live and we are facing problems due to this.

Regards,
Nilesh Anchan

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2013, 10:22 AM
Hi Nilesh,

Thank you for sending the sample solution and a detailed explanation of the issue. However, when working with the RadHtmlPlaceholder you need to have in mind that the control displays external pages in an IFrame object that is placed on top of the SIlverlight plug-in in the page hosting the Silverlight application.

This means that the RadHtmlPlaceholder has limited control over the way the web pages are rendered as the IFrame controls that. And in your case, it seems that a script in the http://www.wynapse.com/Silverlight/Telerik/PersistenceFrameworkDataToAString.aspx page is breaking the IFrame control and it can't always display properly the page thus causing the exception.

But as it seems that this issue only arises on a reload of the web page, you can set the RadHtmlPlaceholder.KeepContentInMemory property to True to make the RadHtmlPlaceholder save the page locally. This way you won't have to reload it every time the window is opened.

I hope this suggestion will help you get over the issue.

All the best,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Nilesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jan 2013, 12:49 PM
Hi Tina Stancheva,

Thanks for your solution this works perfectly fine when the Content page is always the same. This was just a sample I provided but in my real project I am using the same instance of  to load different pages. so in that case I can't us KeepContentInMemory
I need to reload the page everytime.

Do you have any good solution for such cases.

Regards,
Nilesh Anchan
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
answered on 22 Jan 2013, 01:21 PM
Hi Nilesh,

Unfortunately if the issues in your real solution are also related to the IFrame rendering of a web page, we can't suggest other solutions. If the IFrame object can't properly display/load a page, the RadHtmlPlaceholder won't display it as well.

Regards,
Tina Stancheva
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Nilesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Jan 2013, 02:02 PM
 Hi Tina,  
              OK only one thing is that it works fine with other browser then why not in Chrome.Thanks a lot for your valuable time. Also please suggest if you some solution for the same.

Regards,
Nilesh Anchan 

Tags
Window
Asked by
Nilesh
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Tina Stancheva
Telerik team
Nilesh