This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RichTextBox

2 Answers 23 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Tawfek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Tawfek asked on 25 Jun 2014, 02:24 AM

Hi

I am using Telerik for WPF. Currently I would like to create an application that uses RadRichTextBox to create variety of documents that adheres to certain formats. I have used Telerik to create data entry forms to facilitate this document creation. However this approach proves to be cumbersome due to the size and number of fields in each document. Currently I am trying to use document template which I already have in MS Word format. I am trying to address the following
1. Each of this template I save into open xml format yet somehow I could not load it onto the RadRichTextBox.
2. I also intend to have shadow text in the template that will serve as hint/guide for user on what to write under each paragraph. But from richtextbox documentation I could not find a pointer/hint on how to do it.
3. I also want to protect certain parts of the template so that user will not accidentally erase or modify it. I see that Telerik demo has one example on this but I could not see from the code on how the protection is implemented programatically. 
Any input/help is highly appreciated.

Regards
tawfek

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Alexander
Telerik team
answered on 27 Jun 2014, 01:30 PM
Hi Tawfek,

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you send us the template document so we can investigate why it is not being opened by our RadRichTextBox control?

About the document protection:
You can read the article which explains how to create and modify document protection regions.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Alexander
Telerik

Check out Telerik Analytics, the service which allows developers to discover app usage patterns, analyze user data, log exceptions, solve problems and profile application performance at run time. Watch the videos and start improving your app based on facts, not hunches.

Tawfek
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 Jun 2014, 01:25 AM
Hi Alexander,
Thank you for your reply and my apology for being unable to reply to your post sooner. The problem has been solved. For document protection I use MS-Word facility under the review menu. I am unable to share with you the template document as it belongs to our client.
Once again, thanks

Regards
Tawfek
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Tawfek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Alexander
Telerik team