This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Responsive Design

4 Answers 107 Views
PivotGrid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sebastian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sebastian asked on 21 Jul 2015, 03:00 PM

You demos are all set to a max displaysize of 1023 px by below lines:

@media screen and (max-width: 1023px) {#pivotgrid,#configurator { display: none;}}

On your release webinar on YouTube you are very proud of the easy responsive design of Kendo UI, but i couldn't find a way to make the PivotGrid responsive.

Did i miss something? The demo (dojo) on mobile phones doesn't show anything.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 23 Jul 2015, 09:22 AM

Cory Sevigny from Telerik told me that the PivotGrid is not responsive yet because in most cases it's not used on mobile devices.
Therefor i added a feature request:
http://kendoui-feedback.telerik.com/forums/127393-telerik-kendo-ui-feedback/suggestions/8987827-responsive-design-for-the-pivotgrid

Georgi Krustev
Telerik team
answered on 23 Jul 2015, 09:34 AM
Hello Sebastian,

The PivotGrid is responsive, but as a complex widget the developer needs to re-size it accordingly.

With regards to the used media query, we decided to limit the screen size, as the purpose of the widget is display a lot of data and it will not be very usable on mobile device. Nevertheless, if you want to use it mobile device, you can freely do that.

Regards,
Georgi Krustev
Telerik

Join us on our journey to create the world's most complete HTML 5 UI Framework - download Kendo UI now!

Sebastian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Jul 2015, 09:56 AM
Sebastian
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 12 Aug 2015, 09:49 AM

In the meantime i understood what you meant by "The PivotGrid is responsive, but as a complex widget the developer needs to re-size it accordingly." and you are right. The PivotGrid is quite responsive, especially compared two your competitors solutions.

The only problem i see regarding the pivot grid is the static column width. Therefor i rewrote my feature request for more details and clarity and deleted the old one.

http://kendoui-feedback.telerik.com/forums/127393-telerik-kendo-ui-feedback/suggestions/9286731-pivotgrid-resizing-width-of-columns-individually​

Tags
PivotGrid
Asked by
Sebastian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Top achievements
Rank 1
Georgi Krustev
Telerik team