This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Resize Problem

5 Answers 96 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Fábio Witt jagnow
Top achievements
Rank 2
Fábio Witt jagnow asked on 24 Jun 2010, 09:49 PM
Hey guys,

I've been working with radChart for a while and last week a problem with resize started to occur.
I tough its was something wrong with the auto-range or something with canvas, but all my apps with charts were working normally.
Its not a problem in one application only, its a general issue in every radChart. Every time i resize a "Canvas" or some container that my Chart is anchored it starts to flash and loose its range depending on the position you stop resizing. Have you seen this problem? 
Steps i've already made:

- Cleaned the app
- Checked the code (that already worked)
- Cleaned temporary files

I've attached two pics, one of the normal state and another with something like 2 pixels resized showing the problem.

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2010, 08:25 AM
Hi Fábio,

This is a problem that is already fixed and we are not able to reproduce it with the latest version of RadChart. Please, make sure you use the latest official version - 2010 Q1 SP2 (2010.1.603.1040) or 2010 Q2 Beta (2010.1.609.1040). If this is the case please send us a small example, which reproduces the undesired behavior, so that we can investigate it. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Ves
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Trude
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 10:19 AM
I'm using the latest internal build and I noticed that this is still a problem. If I have a series with only values 1, 2 and 3 on the x-axis (column chart) and resize it horizontally - the chart flickers wildy and the ranges get crazy values (1.2, 1.4, 1.5 etc.) just like in your pictures.
Fábio Witt jagnow
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 03:50 PM
Hey Jorn,
I solved my problem sometime ago and i don't quite remember the exact problem.
Are you using the canvas control with the charts?
Something like:

<Canvas>
<RadChart/>
</Canvas>
Trude
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 04:46 PM
Hello,

My charts are usually declared in code-behind and then added to the UI on demand, like so:

Dim _chart as New RadChart
Grid1.Children.Add(_chart)

Maybe there are some properties I need to set? I only declare the charts and add dataseries to them; everything else is default.

-Jorn
Fábio Witt jagnow
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Oct 2010, 10:32 PM
I just asked that beacuse my chart was inside a canvas control wich was responsible for the resizing with anchoring.
I'm sorry but i really don't remember the exact issue on my problem but i remember removing the canvas and using a grid layout instead. I think that was my issue (or something to do with that). It has been some time since jun 24.
Tags
Chart
Asked by
Fábio Witt jagnow
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Ves
Telerik team
Trude
Top achievements
Rank 2