This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Recurrence exceptions

3 Answers 150 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Abradax
Top achievements
Rank 1
Abradax asked on 14 Oct 2015, 05:07 PM

I hope I am explaining this correctly.

I am developing a Scheduling platform for my company.  Everything is going well, except for one thing.  Our users can take half days, or get meeting requests that can split one of their recurring shifts.

For example:

User A has a repeating schedule M-F 8 - 5
A request is submitted so that on Wednesday, he has a meeting from 2-3.

I am unsure how to handle this type of exception, I would like for his Wednesday schedule to show him working 8-2, then meeting, then 3-5 and not two entries showing a meeting and then his schedule.

Is this possible using Kendo or even in the RFC 5545 standard?

Is this going to have to be done programatically in that I search my calendar for the user, find his schedule and parse his recurrence than figure out what day he works and hours and enter multiple events so that there would be 3 exceptions for the scenario listed above?  (one for 8-2, one for 2-3, and one for 3-5)

Or is there a way to create the new meeting request from 2-3 then have that appointment's ID excepted from the recurrence rule?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Oct 2015, 11:35 AM
Hello Robert,

This can be achieved using the scheduler and it's dataSource API. For convenience I created small example which you can use as baseline to achieve the desired behavior:

Regards,
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Amy
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Aug 2018, 07:26 PM
Is there a way to do this using MVC?
Nencho
Telerik team
answered on 09 Aug 2018, 11:55 AM
Hello Amy,

In case you need to use the HTML MVC Helper instead of the jQuery widget, you will need to follow the same approach and implement the same event handler for the Save event.

In case you would like to create the discussed duplicated exception event on the server, you could also do that. What is important in this case is to create the exception rule for the two new events following the required format (Date ISO string). Further information on the Scheduler model fields could be found here.

https://docs.telerik.com/kendo-ui/api/javascript/data/schedulerevent/configuration/recurrenceexception

Regards,
Nencho
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Abradax
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Iliev
Telerik team
Amy
Top achievements
Rank 1