This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadToolBarSeparator

4 Answers 79 Views
ToolBar
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Brian King
Top achievements
Rank 1
Brian King asked on 07 Jul 2009, 01:15 PM
I've been toying around with the RadToolBar and I've looked at some of the "First Look" example code to try to add RadToolBarSeparators to my project. It seems to me it's just an empty XAML element. I'm calling it as such:

<telerikNavigation:RadToolBarSeparator/> 

Where the namespace is the following:

xmlns:telerikNavigation="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation" 
Now according to what I've seen in other projects this should be all I need, however it can't seem to find RadToolBarSeparator inside of that namespace. Am I using an incorrect namespace?

I'm currently using the 2009 Q1 tools, as we have not fully switched over to Q2.

Thanks!

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivan
Telerik team
answered on 07 Jul 2009, 01:43 PM
Hello Brian King,

Thank you for your interest in the RadToolBar control.

Actually the RadToolBarSeparator was introduced a bit later after the last Q1 release (v.2009.1.526) and it is available in our last release - 2009 Q2 (v.2009.2.701). However If you prefer the older version than you should use the RadSeparator control instead.

We hope this information will help you.

Best wishes,
Ivan
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Brian King
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jul 2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks Ivan, I will wait to implement this feature until we fully switch over to the Q2 tools then.
Casey
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 14 Aug 2009, 07:08 PM
I am experiencing an wierd issue in the Toolbar / First Look demo. It does not look like the button is behaving as expected. I am using IE 8 and Q1 2009 if that matters.

Steps to repeat:
1. Click on Categorize menu button to open menu
2. Click on Categorize menu button to close menu
3. Click on Categorize menu button to open menu again -- the menu does not open, but the button is highlighted
4. Click any other button -- the menu for Categorize opens and the button is no longer highlighted. The menu does not close until you click the Categorize button again, which highlights it again...

Steps 3 and 4 repeat over and over again until I refresh the page.

Anybody able to duplicate this?

---- It looks like it does this with any of the buttons that have a drop down when you click on the drop down arrow.
Valentin.Stoychev
Telerik team
answered on 17 Aug 2009, 06:13 AM
Hello Casey,

Please download the latest version and let us know if the problem persist. Check-out the latest toolbar example:
http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#ToolBar/FirstLook

Best wishes,
Valentin.Stoychev
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions on the new Telerik Support Portal.
Check out the tips for optimizing your support resource searches.
Tags
ToolBar
Asked by
Brian King
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Ivan
Telerik team
Brian King
Top achievements
Rank 1