RadTabControl Design Time Failures in VS2010

7 posts, 0 answers
  1. Sriram
    Sriram avatar
    14 posts

Posted 20 Oct 2010 Link to this post

Dear Telerik Team, 

The Rad Tab Control is not Loaded Property in Q3 2010 beta version..

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at Telerik.Windows.Controls.DragDrop.SilverlightDragDropProvider.Initialize() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\Release_SL_2010_Q3\Sources\Development\Core\Controls\DragDrop\DragProviders\SilverlightDragDropProvider.cs:line 47
       at Telerik.Windows.Controls.DragDrop.SimulatedDragDropProvider..ctor() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\Release_SL_2010_Q3\Sources\Development\Core\Controls\DragDrop\DragProviders\SimulatedDragDropProvider.cs:line 50
       at Telerik.Windows.Controls.DragDrop.RadDragAndDropManager.Initialize() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\Release_SL_2010_Q3\Sources\Development\Core\Controls\DragDrop\RadDragAndDropManager.cs:line 248
       at Telerik.Windows.Controls.DragDrop.RadDragAndDropManager..cctor() in c:\Builds\WPF_Scrum\Release_SL_2010_Q3\Sources\Development\Core\Controls\DragDrop\RadDragAndDropManager.cs:line 222

shows the following error 

2. Henri
    Henri avatar
    88 posts

I am experiiencing the same error.
    Best regards,
    Henri
  3. Tsvyatko
    Admin
    Tsvyatko avatar
    863 posts

Hi Sriram,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We have investigated this issue and it will be resolved in the official release. Thank you for reporting this. I have updated your telerik points.

Kind regards,
    Tsvyatko
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  4. Dmitry
    Dmitry avatar
    6 posts

Posted 26 Oct 2010 Link to this post

I am getting the same issue with the RadOutlookBar.  Do you have a workaround?

Thanks,
    Dmitry
  5. Tina Stancheva
    Admin
    Tina Stancheva avatar
    3299 posts

Posted 29 Oct 2010 Link to this post

Hello Dmitry,

Unfortunately we cannot offer a workaround for the moment, but we are working on the issue and a fix will be available with the upcoming Q3 2010 official release due in the middle of November.

I hope this timeframe is acceptable for you.

Best wishes,
    Tina Stancheva
    the Telerik team
    Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
  6. Dmitry
    Dmitry avatar
    6 posts

Posted 01 Nov 2010 Link to this post

Thanks for the response Tina.  I hope this will resolve this issue.

Dmitry
  7. Jakkie Esschert van den
    Jakkie Esschert van den avatar
    61 posts

Posted 16 Mar 2011 Link to this post

For those looking for a workaround, I noticed this when the tabControl has a selectionChanged event. Removing the event from the xaml fixed the designer issue for me.