1. Is there any issue in alignment it will cause when resolution changes or screen's size is adjusted.
>> Telerik: We are not aware of such an issue.
2. Currently we are facing issue with the zorder of the controls. The RadPane controls must be pinned inorder to make it visible on the side of the htmlplaceholder else it will be placed behind the htmlplaceholder.
>> Telerik: Yes, this is a limitation - the only way to workaround it is to hide the html placeholder when you want to show something above it.
3. What do the external content (url) means in the answer given for Q1.
>> Telerik: External content is when a web site url is loaded - e.g. http://telerik.com
Actually our scenario/requirement is something like this:
1. We want an excel file /pdf file/word file to be visible in silverlight.
2. Since we could not find any direct approach or control for hosting such files, we thought of converting the excel/pdf/word files to html so that it can be placed in the radhtmlplaceholder.
Is there any other options for our scenario. Please suggest.
>> Telerik: One of the options is the one you decide to go with, I'm not sure how complex the generated html will be. But just save the excel file as an Html file and then point the RadHtmlPlaceholder to render this file by using the SourceUrl
property - for example:
RadHtmlPlaceholder1.SourceUrl = "http://mysite.com/myexceldocumentexported.html
The other option is to point the HtmlPlaceholder directly to the pdf/excel file that you want to open:
RadHtmlPlaceholder1.SourceUrl = "http://mysite.com/myFile.pdf
Please let us know how it goes.
the Telerik team