This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadControls won't show up in VS2008

1 Answer 52 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Michael Kjörling
Top achievements
Rank 1
Michael Kjörling asked on 26 Aug 2009, 01:44 PM
I just installed RadControls for Silverlight Q2 2009 (2009-08-12) on my Windows Server 2008 + Visual Studio 2008 + Silverlight 3 RTM development system as a part of evaluating the component suite for a project. However, when I try to actually do something useful, such as adding one of the components to the visual tree, I run into a bit of a snag; the assembly doesn't show up. After looking through the documentation some, I found the following namespace declaration, which I added:

xmlns:telerik="clr-namespace:Telerik.Windows.Controls;assembly=Telerik.Windows.Controls.Navigation"

In this, Visual Studio marks the entire attribute content with an "Assembly ... was not found" error. The UserControl root element hosts a Grid which in turn hosts a System.Windows.Controls.DataGrid, to which I want to add a context menu. However, when I add the following XAML (copied and pasted from the documentation) inside the <data:DataGrid> container:

<telerik:RadContextMenu.ContextMenu>
    <telerik:RadContextMenu>
    </telerik:RadContextMenu>
</telerik:RadContextMenu.ContextMenu>

Then I receive an additional two errors (aside from the assembly reference error like above) on build:

* The attachable property 'ContextMenu' was not found in type 'RadContextMenu'.
* The type 'telerik:RadContextMenu' was not found. Verify that you are not missing an assembly reference and that all referenced assemblies have been built.

If I try to add a reference, I see all the assemblies I expect under System.*, but no Telerik assemblies at all, so I don't see how I would be able to add a reference to the project. I performed the installation with all default values.

I'm probably missing some really obvious step, but what is it?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Michael Kjörling
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Aug 2009, 02:35 PM
Never mind; I found them. I thought they would show up directly, but when I manually browsed to the installation location and added them there, everything seems to have worked the way it's supposed to.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Michael Kjörling
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Michael Kjörling
Top achievements
Rank 1
Share this question
or