This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

RadChart DataSeries/DataPoint Animation

6 Answers 217 Views
Chart
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gino
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gino asked on 30 Apr 2009, 02:21 PM

Hi,

Hope you could help me on this one.....
Currently, I'm working with RadChart for Silverlight controls. One of the requirements that I want to achieve with my Bar Charts is to get able to do an animation wherein my Bar could toggle up or down based from my data. But looking around from some samples in the telerik sites, all of the Bar Charts I've seen so far is whenever a data bind is change/updated the DataSeries or the Bars or Y Axis Values is getting refreshed from Zero Values to its specified values came from my data and also even datas I did not updated is getting refreshed. Generally, I don't want to set the RadChart animation turned off, all I need is to have my Charts looks like its getting a Live Data feed.

So here's my questions, is there a way in RadChart where I can modify it's dataseries animation like not getting a refreshed dataseries and not start it with zero values when data is updated? Is this possible with RadChart?

Thanks in advance! =)
-gino

6 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 04 May 2009, 06:04 AM
Hello Gino,

Unfortunately this was one of the things we didn't get to implement for the initial release. I am afraid the only animations available are from 0 to the actual value. We are aware of this shortcoming and have already planned this feature for development but I can't promise 100% that it will make it for Q2 because there are a lot of things already planned for then.  The best work-around that comes to my mind is indeed switch the animations off. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.

All the best,
Vladimir Milev
Gino
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 04 May 2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks a lot for taking time on this Vladimir =). Yes, it definitely made me so sad to hear this. Just another question, is this really not feasible even if a custom resource dictionary shall be created for this. If this is, can you kindly give me an idea how to start with it? Thanks again! 

- gino
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 05 May 2009, 06:00 AM
Hi Gino,

In order to implement such animations in Silverlight a visual state manager should be present. In our current implementation we are not using the VisualStateManager and it will be a lot of work to get this animation running. If there was an easy way to do it I would have written how. 

RadChart for Silverlight is a very young product (this is only the first version ever released) and we are working around the clock to provide more features. We apologize for the inconvenience this causes.

Greetings,
Vladimir Milev
Gino
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 05 May 2009, 02:17 PM
Thank You Vladimir.....=)

-gino
Mustafa
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 13 Aug 2012, 08:47 PM
Hi There,

am in need of the same functionality in order to display real-time data on the bar.

Any updates on this request since 2009?

Thanks,
Mustafa
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
answered on 16 Aug 2012, 11:07 AM
Hi,

Real-time data scenario is supported as illustrated by this example:
http://demos.telerik.com/silverlight/#ChartView/LiveData

All the best,
Vladimir Milev
the Telerik team

Explore the entire Telerik portfolio by downloading Telerik DevCraft Ultimate.

Tags
Chart
Asked by
Gino
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vladimir Milev
Telerik team
Gino
Top achievements
Rank 1