This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

r.a.d.controls Q4 2006 release

9 Answers 529 Views
Announcements
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Telerik Admin asked on 20 Dec 2006, 05:01 PM
With year 2006 coming quickly to an end, telerik is preparing its last release for the year.

A couple of weeks back we really thought that we will nail this release down, for the first time in telerik history! Things looked very promising and we were on target with our goals. Today, however, things do not look as enthusiastic.

The two things that slowed us down slightly were related to the last week's releases by Microsoft - ASP.NET Ajax Beta, and VS2005 SP1. These had an impact on our controls, so we had to decide whether to support them (or not) in the upcoming release. Needless to say, the decision was clear: (1) we wanted to be the first component vendor (again) to support the latest MS offerings, and (2) we did not want to release yet another service pack in a week or so.

The result? We have managed to provide support for both of these, and our release will be within just one day of the promised release date! I am sure that you will appreciate our efforts to "deliver more than expected" and will understand the reason behind the delay.

So, expect the release for both suites (ASP.NET and WinForms) to be some time tomorrow. I hope that this slight delay will not take away the excitement to see the New Year in with the new telerik release!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year and don't forget to vote for telerik on the annual .NET Developer's Journal Awards (http://www2.sys-con.com/dotnet/readerschoice2004/vote.cfm)!

All the Best,
the telerik team

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
David Gardiner
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Dec 2006, 03:24 AM
err.. I really hope it's Q4 2006, and not "Q4 2005" as currently is being displayed on the Client.net page.

I'm sure Q4 2005 was a good release, but I'd rather get a new one!

-dave

Emmsa
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 21 Dec 2006, 01:17 PM
Well I see that you are working a lot making telerik compatible with ASP.NET Ajax. But I have a question for you, What are the benefits of using ASP.NET Ajax for a developer that uses Telerik's controls, like radAjax, a lot?

Best Regards
Darío K
Harry Pugh
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Dec 2006, 02:25 PM
Well, you don't *have* to use ASP.Net AJAX but I think it's great that if you wanted to do so your code wouldn't blow up simply because you wanted to leverage the best of both products.
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Dec 2006, 06:22 PM
Hi,
Thanks for these release Q4 at time,

No video tutorials such promised !?,

Best regards
Vassil Petev
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Dec 2006, 06:41 PM

RadControls Q4 2006
HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED

The new release features countless enhancements and new features, the most important being ASP.NET Ajax Release Candidate support, VS2005 SP1 support, 5 new major updates (editor, grid, chart, spell and calendar) and redesign of the QSF in the ASP.NET suite. The WinForms suite got a a new panelbar control, and complete Vista-style redesign of the QSF, Visual Style builder, and Control Spy tools! You can find the full list of improvements here:

As if this wasn't enough, we upgraded our site slightly to make it more usable and search friendly. You can find new product icons in the Products' menu, as well as improved naming convention. Soon, we will revamp the Support section as well, to offer support movies and product-specific searching capabilities and resources.

ENJOY!

the telerik team

Ivo
Telerik team
answered on 22 Dec 2006, 01:41 PM
Hi Pierre,

RE: No video tutorials such promised !?

Actually most of the movies we have prepared for Q4 are already on the website at
http://www.telerik.com/support/videos.aspx 

Please, expect more to be coming soon.

All the best,
Ivo
the telerik team
Craig Bolon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Dec 2006, 02:34 PM
Dec. 22, 2006

Best wishes to Telerik staff for the Коледа holiday.

When does your holiday end this year?

-- Craig Bolon
   Brookline, MA, USA
Pierre
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 22 Dec 2006, 03:47 PM
Hi,

Thanks very much for video tutorials. Happy Christmas and new year 2007 for all Telerik Team.

Videos : I thinks is necessary add a number before de video because in few months you have got a great number ( or clasif. radtype/version/number) and download as "swf" possible. Thanks very much. 
Vassil Petev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Dec 2006, 05:16 PM
Happy Holidays to all of you , guys! Thank you very much for the support!

Craig, the holidays in Bulgaria will end on January 2nd, and we will be back in the office, refreshed, on January 3rd. We have 3 working days next week as well (Wen - Fri) and the office will be open, although with limited manpower.

Pierre, thank you for the suggestion - we will provide some type of numbering convention with the next set of movies. We will also provide downloadable files next year, with instructions how to run them.

Have great holiday season and excellent new year!

Greetings,
Rob
the telerik team
Tags
Announcements
Asked by
Telerik Admin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
David Gardiner